14:LIES

Hayfah and Fareeha slept on the bed, without sharing some words. Only Hayfah's sighs could be heard, Fareeha knew she needed some time to absorb the whole situation in her brain, and so she gave her the space.

It was Subh prayer time; Fareeha patted Hayfah's shoulder softly and muttered "It's time for prayer, Hayfah, wake up," she said as she sat upright.

"I'm already up, I couldn't sleep, Her words kept ebbing in my mind, the scene have been reminiscing in my brain. It hurts, so much, that I couldn't believe all this happened to me in the blink of an eye," came Hayfah's husky voice, it was laced with sheer pain and sadness.

Fareeha heaved a sigh, she knew what her friend might be thinking of, she knew how this might hurt. What would hurt more than your mother accusing you? Throwing you out of your home?

She took Hayfah's hands in her's, together; they stood upright. She placed her hands on her shoulder, sympathetically looking at her "Look, Hayfah, I know how this would hurt, you weren't expecting this in your whole life. That's the meaning of destiny, we have to take it as it comes to us, wether good or bad. I'm sorry, it has to hurt, but do act like a normal person, please," Fareeha cajoled, her sleepy voice craking.

Hayfah slumped her shoulders in defeat, the tears she had been holding rolled down her cheeks, she was in an unvocalized pain, she herself couldn't assimilate how she's feeling. "You would never understand, Fareeha. I too couldn't assimilate the pain in my heart, all I knows of is; this heart, beneath it's ribcage, hurts, it's etched with pain," she whimpered, her voice sounding huskier.

Fareeha held her hand and sat them down on the bed, she looked at Hayfah with her doe-like eyes "Their got to many heartbreaks and disappointment in this life. Some might change you into a different person, you just have to be inured to the pains and move on. You couldn't realise how strong you are, until you're left with no choice. You're brave, you can do this!" Fareeha conjectured, fleetingly smiling at Hayfah.

Hayfah nodded her head and sauntered to the bathroom, she took her bathe, perform ablution and exited the bathroom. Her face was all red, eyes swollen from lack of sleep, lips chapped, and body weak.

Fareeha entered the bathroom, leaving Hayfah in the room getting reading. She wore a loose ankara gown, put on her knee-length hijab and started her subh prayer. She made some recitations of the holy Qur'an as Fareeha went down stairs to brought them break fast; since it was pass 7.

They had their breakfast in a hushed silence, everyone lost in his world. Hayfah looked up to Fareeha, a gratuitous smile plastered on her lips. "Thank you so much, Fareeha. I think I'll go back now, I don't want her to implement some lies again. I don't like always seeing the bad side of her, but she forced me," Hayfah spoke, as her voice was laced with fear and pain.

"It's okay, Hayfah. I understand your situation, just know that; no matter how, I'll always be there for you. Let's go down, I think the driver is back," Fareeha said as she stood up, taking Hayfah's box with her, as they ascended the staircases.

They met Momma in the living room, exchanged pleasantries and sauntered out, after Hayfah bid her adieu. She was a nice and shrewd woman, she didn't ask for more explanation__for now.

Hayfah entered the car, her heart beating vigorously as they zoomed off, approaching their area. She heaved a sigh she didn't know she had been holding, when the driver halted in front of their house. She thanked him and weakly dragged her trolley inside.

She heard some voices, speaking in high and angry tone. If she wouldn't be mistaking__it was Umma's and Abba's voices. She silently salaamed, her head ducked down, tears washing down her face, as her legs tremulously dragged her to where Abba stood__fuming with rage.