15: I'M SORRY

Adyan slowly dragged his trolley, his face devoid of emotion. The airport was obstreperous, many people squealed, laughter filled everywhere. But Adyan was alone by himself, he dragged his trolley outside and hailed a Taxi, he wanted to be in Abuja for as soon as possible. He had been calling Mom's number but couldn't reach her, he wondered why. And his ego couldn't let him call that brother of his.

He kept looking at the streets of Zaria, hoping he could get a glimpse of her. He just wanted to see her, and that's all he needs. With her thoughts rummaging in his brain, he slept off, as he hadn't being having comfortable sleeps these days.

"Sir, we've arrived at Abuja. Which area would I take you to?" The cab driver asked politely, bowing a little.

Aduna squinted his eyes and rubbed his eyes with his palms. "Take me to Asokoro," he answered with a sleepy-groggy voice.

The car came into a halt in front of their huge ironed gate, he took in a deep breathe, paid the cab driver and entered the house. The house qas creepily silent, he wondered if they were around.

"Assalamu Alaikum," he salaamed as he entered the living room, but no one answered, which made him uneasy.

He flinged his trolley on the floor and began searching the rooms. He first entered Mom's room, but she wasn't there. She wasn't in Dad's room too; he suddenly became tensed. What would've happened to them? Somewhere in his mind urged him to check Kassim's room.

Upon approaching the room, he heard faint voices. He scurriedly entered the room with a salam, as his gaze fell on his sorella. She was sitted beside Dad on the bed, Kassim was sitted on the resting chair opposite them; as they were quietly engrossed in what Dad was telling them.

"Mom!" Adyan exclaimed, moving as fast as he could; until he felt his mother's embrace.

Mom hugged him tight, as tears filled her eyes. She was happy beyond words. She wasn't expecting him today, nor a day close to soon. Being in the warmth of her son; gave her fragile heart a serene feeling. She felt unscathed.

"I wasn't expecting you today. I've missed you," she spoke on his chest, as he was way taller than her.

"Oh Sorella! C'mon, you shouldn't start please," he warned, breaking their hug, as he used his thumbs and cleared her tears.

With a loving smile on her lips, she guided them to where Dad was affectionately looking at them, with a smile on his face. "Welcome back, son," he slurred, the smile not leaving his face.

Adyan slowly leaned in and hugged his Dad. He heaved a sigh he didn't know he had been holding. It was nice being in the warmth of his parents. "Thank you, Dad. How have you been feeling?" Adyan inquired, sitted beside his Dad, as he took his hands in his. He had completely ignored Kassim's presence in the room.

"Can't you see I'm okay? Who would behave cowardly in the presence of a very beautiful and exquisite woman like her? I'm okay son! Can even run a marathon," Dad beamed. Adyan's presence has revived his jovial and bubbly self.

Adyan laughed and looked at his happy Mom, he knew that; upon seeing him, his Dad couldn't help but crack a joke, it's their usual.

"So Mom, is it true? God! Dad you're really lucky to have this damsel. How I wish she would run away, someone will know how it feels to be heartbroken. But it'd be a good sight to behold," Adyan marveled and quickly stood up, dodging the smack Dad sent his way. The whole family broke into a series of laughter, well__except for Kassim, whom was starring at his parents in disbelief, they were distraughted and looking glum some minutes ago. But here they are, laughing hysterically, their faces could show their felicity.