20:GOOD NEWS

Hayfah woke up with a throbbing head ache, those weeks were terrible and afflicting. She couldn't think straight, she was always afraid that Umma could tell Abba, due to the glances she had been earning from Umma. She was happy since Abba left for Cotonou, she knew Umma wouldn't tell him over the phone__or never. All thanks to Amna, she believed it was Amna's talk that changed Umma's mind.

Her phone's ringtone jolted her out of her reverie, she heaved a sigh and slide the pick button. "Hey Besty, how have you been?" Hayfah asked, adjusting herself on her bed, as she picked her pillow and rested her elbow on it.

"Besty, I'm flummoxed by your behaviour recently___fake besty isn't himself too. What are you two hiding?" She asked, she knew Hayfah might not tell___just like Malik called her; saying he wants her to help him with something related to Hayfah___but he couldn't tell her what it was.

Hayfah palmed her face, she couldn't believe Betty could tell Fareeha this__she thought he would give up; since she haven't been picking his endless calls. "Besty, this is a whole topic of discussion___you couldn't understand___I too am confused; seriously. How have you been?" Hayfah needed to change the topic, she couldn't even explain, the words are just too much for her.

Fareeha slowly hissed__they're just so hard to deal with, but she knew something huge happened to make them act like this. "Besty! It's okay then, I think I'll come over___because I have a very good news for us," her voice was enthusiastic enough to tell Hayfah she wasn't lying.

Hayfah's face suddenly lit up, she trust Fareeha with good news___she could tell a news that could make your whole month___not even a day. "I'll be waiting for you, make the news ginger please," Hayfah marvelled as she ended the call, smiling at herself.

She placed the phone beside her pillow, as she headed to the kitchen; it was past Asr time___and she still haven't had her lunch. She was always afraid of coming out of their room, it has became her sanctuary___as she was always afraid of what Umma would say, she wasn't ready for any spasm of pains.

As she picked up the warmer, Umma's angry voice made her flicked in fear "What do you think you are doing? I'm tired of feeding you in this house. You have to get married soon, I cannot be cooking for a whore," she bellowed in an egoistic tone.

Hayfah had to stifle the tears that urged to cascade. She needed to act strong, it's high time she get used to Umma's words. She slowly turned; her face devoid of emotion. "I'm sorry, Umma. I can be cooking the food if you want___but please don't get me married, I seriously don't love him," she slowly muttered, hoping how her husky voice sounded innocent would soften Umma's heart. But it seems she had slept on the bad side of the bed.

"Good job, Hayfah. A whore has naturally gained a notoriety of sweet talking___but unfortunately dear daughter___your lame words can't shangai me. You have to marry him___by hook or by crook. Who knows wether he's the one that made you like this. Just drag your smutty legs out of my kitchen joor!" She thundered, as she enigmatically moved towards Hayfah; whom was frozed in her spot; Umma's words didn't even know the way to enter her already shattered heart. The heart was shattered into tiny shards.

"I'm sorry, Umma. Your words really hurts. Would you for once say something tender towards me? Even if it's a façade___I'll elatedly appreciate that," she whimpered, as the tears made their way out of her eyes. She looked at Umma before she sauntered to their room, after dropping the warmer on the floor.

Inlieu of her to cry, she took her phone and began scribbling the love peoms she had been scribbling since the 'moving on' day. Whenever she feels sad, nor the feeling of needing someone, or when his undying love began ebbing uncontrollably in her heart___she would only find peace upon writing the peoms. They makes her feel unscathed, they makes her feel as if he was there with her, she was the one writing the words___but it felt as if it was a message sent through her heart.