Chapter 6 ~ The Promise

[Louis]

Well, let's just say it turned out life really wanted me even more hurt than I already was. Not only did Harry have his locker just down the hallway, he also took the same English class as I did. It wasn't more than a few minutes into the lesson when the curly haired boy knocked on the door and entered the classroom.

Surprisingly, that Liam guy wasn't with him, but let's just say the entire room went quiet. Even Mr. Waltz seemed shocked by the arrival of his old student, even if he was probably informed that the popstar would attend this school again. Who interrupted the silence was Harry himself, giving the teacher a cheeky smile. He walked over to him and laid his hand on his shoulder. "Long time no see, Mr. Waltz. It's nice to meet you again."

The older man blushed a little by Harry's words, most likely because he remembered his name and who he was. I wanted to roll my eyes at the scene, but decided against it. Not that any of them would notice it if I did so, but it was best if I didn't.

Mr. Waltz adjusted his tie, clearing his throat as he reached his hand out for Harry to take. "Nice to see you again too, Mr. Styles. Make yourself feel at home."

Harry took his hand and shook it as he nodded his head. "Thank you."

An uncomfortable silence followed after that where the two people only looked at each other, the students in the classroom still being dead silent. "Alright, you can take a seat wherever you want. Like I said, make yourself feel at home."

The curly haired boy made a salute motion in reply before walking over to the closest seat he could find. It was next to a girl I recalled was named Brittany. She wasn't one of the popular girls at the school but she wasn't nerdy either. When Harry sat down beside her and looked at her with a smile, I could see her eyes widen in surprise. "Brittany, isn't it?" He asked, pinching his chin thoughtfully.

The girl nodded breathlessly, seeming to be in some kind of trance. The other students in the classroom seemed shocked by the fact that Harry Styles was in their classroom as well, if the silence was anything to go by. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes this time. What even was this, and what stupid game was he trying to play?

He sent Brittany a reassuring smile while Mr. Waltz looked a little lost at the front. He probably didn't know how to handle the situation that had suddenly occurred in the classroom.

Thankfully, Brittany seemed to get back to her senses only a few seconds later, and so did the other students, so Mr. Waltz could finally continue the lesson. It wasn't like before Harry had entered the classroom, though. Everyone was quiet, too quiet for being this class, and even Mr. Waltz seemed on edge. It made me a little frustrated. I mean, why should a person who had gone to this school before make such a difference? He didn't even deserve this kind of attention.

Annoyed, I shook my head and looked down at my school work, trying to listen to what Mr. Waltz spoke about during the rest of the lesson. Though, I doubted anyone did at this point. They were too distracted by the popstar who wouldn't even sit still in his chair. He just kept squirming and looking out the window with a bored expression on his face. Not that I examined him or anything.

After what seemed like a life time, the bell finally rang and the students got up from their seats. Harry was the first one out. He just nodded to Mr. Waltz in acknowledgment before storming out the door as quickly as possible. I snorted at the way he was acting. I mean, he had been gone for two years. It wasn't like he had never gone to school before. He knew how it worked, yet he acted as if it was something so out of his world that he couldn't even act like all the other people. Either it was because he didn't really want to attend school or it was because he was trying to make a scene. It wouldn't surprise me it it was the latter.