The Epilogue

[The Epilogue]

"Hello guys, today we were called in the morning by a certain pop star, asking if he could come in to do an interview, and who were we to say no to that? So please, let's welcome Harry Styles!"

The curly haired boy walked onto the stage, sitting down on the couch next to John, the interviewer. He shook John's hand before turning to the audience and waving to them with a smile on his face.

"Alright, so you wanted to come here to tell us something special, aren't I right?" John asked, raising his eyebrows at Harry expectantly.

The curly haired boy nodded at the interviewer. "Yes, that's correct." He ran a hand through his hair as he inhaled a deep breath. "I have been talking to my boyfriend and he decided that he is okay with going public."

Gasps were heard in the studio, and John's lips turned upwards. "That's great news. Is he possibly here with you tonight?" He asked hopefully, glancing towards the back of the stage.

Harry bit his lip. "He is, actually," he admitted. "Louis, will you get up here?"

The audience started shouting as the feathery-haired boy they had only seen in a couple of pictures before came into view, waving towards them shyly before sitting down next to the pop star on the couch.

Harry instantly pulled Louis towards himself, wrapping an around his waist protectively. John smiled at the couple, his eyes full of love for the two boys. "You guys are so beautiful together," was the first thing he said at the sight of the two together.

Louis and Harry chuckled before glancing at each other. "He's the reason behind that," Harry said, leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

The feathery-haired boy blushed, looking down at his lap. "So, tell me, how did the two of you meet?" John asked, pulling one of his legs over the other.

Harry took a deep breath. "Where do we begin? Maybe when we were still in our mothers' bellies," he laughed. "No, but our mothers were best friends since they went to high school so they kind of forced the two of us together."

Louis rolled his eyes at the comment.

"But ever since I got to know this little lad, he's always been my favorite person in the world," he beamed, smiling down at his boyfriend.

"You mentioned that you were friends in the beginning but discovered you both had feelings for each other when you were about fourteen years old, is that correct?" John asked, looking up from his cards.

"Yeah, that's right. I think we both always knew that we were more than just friends. We just never acted on our feelings or told the other until that age," Harry explained.

John nodded, looking down at the next card. "You also mentioned that you made a few mistakes that you aren't sure you'll be able to forgive yourself for. What happened?"

Harry inhaled a deep, shaky breath while Louis gave him a smile in reassurance, telling him it was okay. "I'm embarrassed by it all now. It's so incredibly insane that I can't believe myself for doing something so cruel. I... I thought I didn't need him anymore when I got famous, that he would just pull me back from everything. It's so stupid," he said, shaking his head.

Louis placed a hand on his thigh, giving it a little squeeze. John, on the other hand, looked shocked at the confession. "Oh. Well, I have heard a lot of stories about how fame has changed a person, so I guess I understand. I think it's strong of you to admit it though. That means you've actually moved on from it."

Harry made a grimace, nodding his head slowly. "I guess, but I'm never going to be proud of myself for something that has to do with it. I just want to draw a line over the last two years and redo everything."