Chapter 27 ~ The Talk

[Louis]

We ended up walking back home and not dialing Paul to come pick us up. We still had a lot to talk about and saw this as a perfect moment to do so.

"What happened with Hannah?" Harry wondered as we walked along the road, swinging our hands between each other.

I was quiet for a second, thinking about how I would say it so he would understand. "She was the one who broke up with me actually..."

Harry seemed surprised by this as his eyes widened a little. "Oh."

A smile formed on my lips as I thought about my next words. "But it was because she knew I was in love with you. She said she saw it the moment you stepped into school after you came back."

Harry's lips twitched at that, but he still kept his gaze ahead of him. "That's actually really mature of her. I mean, to break up with you because she knew you weren't in love with her."

"She is the best," I said, letting out a happy sigh. "That's like the only good thing I got from you leaving me. Plus Zayn and Niall of course. I found new, great friends. However, I would trade it for you never leaving me." I mumbled out the last part, hoping he didn't really hear that.

I noticed he did though, because he let out a deep sigh. I was happy he didn't say anything about it though. "I'm happy you found them too."

We continued walking, enjoying each other's company as I leaned my head on his shoulder every now and then. "What happened with Liam? How come he broke up with you?" I asked, looking up at his face through my eyelashes.

Another smile crept to the curly haired boy's face. "He realized I wasn't in love with him either as I kept getting in these incidents with you. I didn't even acknowledge it myself, that I was intentionally doing things just to make you notice me and to be close to you," he said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"It's going to take a long time for me to accept the way I acted towards you, how I so stupidly stopped talking to you without even saying anything."

I squeezed his hand in mine. "Don't think about that anymore, Hazza."

The nickname made him turn his entire body to me, and we suddenly stopped walking entirely. "Did you just call me what I think you called me?"

A small, innocent smile crept to my lips as I nodded my head slowly. "It's my favorite name on you. It was just a matter of time until you would hear it again," I winked.

He laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "Have I ever told you that I love you?"

I shrugged. "Maybe, but I could always hear it again," I said cheekily.

After a while, we were standing outside his gates, making us slow down. He moved so he was standing in front of me again, reaching up to brush my fringe to the side. "I know we just made up and such, but would you like to come inside? I know my mom would kill to see you," he offered, nodding towards the big, white house.

I bit my lip, looking down at my feet before turning my gaze up to meet his green eyes. "Yeah... Sure."

To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was a great idea to go with him since we actually did make up just a few hours ago after being apart for two years, but I couldn't stop myself from being away from him. He was like a drug to me. Once I had decided to forgive him, I only wanted more.

With that said, he brought me to the front door, motioning for me to walk into the house first. I was instantly reminded of the first time I was here since he came back, making uncomfortable chills run through my body. He had been so rude. Not to mention how rude he was the last time I was here for dinner with my family...