Chapter 24 ~ The Two Ghosts

[Louis]

I didn't know how, but somehow I managed to bring myself to my feet and walk my way home. I had no idea what time it was or if it was even the same day. All I could register was that it was dark outside.

Hannah was long gone from my mind, but I still hoped she wasn't worried that I didn't show up after school. I couldn't really care right now though because all I could think about was a certain curly haired boy.

He left me. Again.

Just the thought made me want to cry my eyes out, but I was sure I couldn't bring more tears out of them right now. I was just drenched from everything. Every emotion and every feeling. Harry had taken it all with him, yet again.

How was this even possible? I thought I had done so well, ignoring him and standing up to him. Yet, here I was, feeling nothing but hurt that he was leaving for a second time.

Once I finally arrived home, I noticed that the front door was locked, which I wasn't really surprised about seeing as it was really dark outside. Could it be nine or ten o'clock?

I unlocked the door with my key, entering the warm house. It didn't take more than a second until mom appeared in the hallway, a worried look on her face that instantly turned to relief when she saw me.

"Oh my God, Louis! Where have you been? I was so worried!" She cried as she flung her arms around my body, pulling me into a tight hug.

My brain was still not working correctly, so it didn't even register in my brain that she was hugging me. So, instead of wrapping my arms around her in return, they hung loosely at my sides.

A few seconds later, she pulled out of the hug to look at my face. She grabbed it in her hands, the worried look coming back. "What happened to you, honey?" She gasped.

I still didn't say anything, just let her study my features. "Louis tell me. Has anyone hurt you?"

She brought me to the living room where she sat me down on the couch together with herself. "Talk to me, son," she pleaded, making me really look at her for the first since I walked into the house.

I shook my head before leaning it against her shoulder. Instantly, I could feel my eyes droop from all the crying I had done. I was exhausted, to say the least.

Mom didn't get anything out of me that evening because before I knew it, I was out like a light, letting the darkness take over me.

-

It was now a few days after Harry's last day here, and I still wasn't feeling good. Sure, I went to school and did my duties, but it was like my body was there and not my brain. I couldn't believe how I could react like this. We weren't even together again, yet I was behaving like he'd left me without a word once again.

He had actually said goodbye this time, and on top of that even confessed his love for me. I knew he was a terrible actor, but it was just so hard to believe his words after what he did to me last time. How can you possibly hurt someone the way he did if you loved them?

Mom caught onto the reason why I looked like a real mess that evening just the day after. I didn't even have to ask her, she knew that he was leaving and she immediately understood that was why I was behaving like this. I mean, she had experienced the same thing before, so it wasn't new to her.

Even if it had been at least three days since he left, I could still feel the touch of his lips on my forehead. It was like he'd pressed his delicate lips there just a second ago. The feeling still felt so recent.