Chapter 10 ~ The Eye-contact

[Louis]

I couldn't help it, I had to escape. There was no way I was going to work with him on that test. It wasn't even like he wanted to work with me either, so things would only get worse than they were now, and I didn't need that. However, I usually wasn't one to skip class, but this was a one-time thing and necessary.

On my way to my locker, I was surprised to cross paths with Niall seeing as almost everyone had class right now. "Niall, what are you doing here?"

He raised his eyebrows, looking surprised himself. "I could ask you the same thing. Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He asked.

Running my hand through my hair, I let out a sigh. "Yes, but I left."

If he was surprised before, it couldn't be compared to how surprised he was hearing those words. "You what? Louis, you never skip class."

"I know..." I muttered, not meeting his gaze.

He narrowed his eyes, looking at me suspiciously. "Wait, did something happen?"

Shrugging, I looked ahead of me, keeping my gaze on a point behind his head. This made Niall pull me aside so we were standing at the wall of lockers. He took a step closer so I had no other choice but to look into his eyes. "What did Harry do?" He asked.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Niall, he didn't do anything, I swear."

He narrowed his eyes, placing a hand on my shoulder to keep me in place when I tried to move away from him. "He obviously did. Otherwise, you wouldn't be acting like this. No one but him affects you like this."

Closing my eyes, I shook my head. "Please, Niall. I just... I just want to be alone right now. I promise, he didn't do anything. It was just our teacher, alright? He wanted us to work together, and I wouldn't have it so I left. That's it."

With that said, I shook his hand off me and walked around him to continue my way to my locker. It didn't take more than a few seconds until I could hear his footsteps behind me though. "You left? Just like that?" He asked once he had caught up with me.

I nodded my head, keeping my gaze ahead of me. When he noticed I wasn't going to say anything, he let out an impressed 'wow', making me turn my head to him. "What? If that's what you actually did, it must've been awesome. I'd love to see that," he chuckled, making me roll my eyes.

"You're a weirdo, Niall."

He snorted. "Nah, I'd just loved to see Harry's face when you just left. I'm sure it was priceless."

That caused me to shake my head, but the corners of my lips twitched a little. "I wouldn't be so sure about that. He probably didn't even care."

Niall snorted again. "I'm sure he cared. Somewhere deep down there, that guy - even though I don't want to admit it - has feelings. It might not seem like it, but he still cares. I'm sure of it."

Still not believing him, I shook my head again. By now, we were at my locker, so I tossed my English books into it and slammed the door shut.

"Alright, I have to go, Lou. I told my teacher that I was just going to use the bathroom so he probably expects me to be back by now. See you at lunch," he said, making a salute gesture before turning around and walking back in the direction we came from.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his actions. He sure knew how to make someone feel better. He deserved an award for that, to be honest. However, that didn't change the fact that the thoughts of what happened just a few minutes ago came flooding back once he was gone.