Chapter 12 ~ The Drama

[Louis]

I made it to lunch the same day without anything more dramatic happening. To say I was thankful was an understatement. I was relieved, to say the least. All I really wanted was to go home and forget about life altogether.

Just like usual, I went to Hannah's locker to meet up with her. She wasn't there yet, so I decided to lean my back against it and fish my phone from my pocket to scroll through my Instagram feed.

About two minutes later, I could feel a pair of warm arms wrap around my neck. Looking up from my phone, a smile spread on my lips at the sight of my girlfriend. I slipped my phone in my pocket again and placed my hands on her hips.

"Hello, babe."

She engulfed me in a hug before pulling away to look me in the eye. Her eyebrows suddenly knitted together. "Have you been crying?" She asked, worry lacing her voice.

I tried to act cool and shook my head. "No, why?"

Looking at me knowingly, she pulled away to cross her arms over her chest. "Then why are your eyes red? Louis, I know when you've been crying, don't lie to me."

I sighed, looking away from her while biting down on my bottom lip. "It's nothing. I'm just a crybaby sometimes."

She chuckled lightly, reaching up to grab my chin so I was looking at her. "You know it's never childish to cry? We're human beings. We're supposed to feel emotions and show them. Don't be ashamed of it."

Forming a tight smile, I nodded. "I guess you're right. I just personally think it was over something so small that I find it childish."

"Alright. Well, you don't have to tell me about it, but I don't like you lying to me," she pouted, making me laugh.

"I won't make it a habit."

With that said, we walked to the cafeteria where Niall and Zayn were already sitting, munching on their food. They nodded to us in acknowledgment as we sat down. Once Niall had swallowed down the food in his mouth, he spoke up; "Hey, did you hear that a girl named Nathalie is throwing a party this weekend and everyone's invited? We so have to go."

He was excited, there was no doubt about it. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Sounds fun," Hannah shrugged, looking over at me.

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, why not? There's been quite some time since we went to a party. What do you say, Zayn?"

"Yeah, as long as the pop star stays away, I'm in," he said, and as if on cue, the curly haired lad walked into the cafeteria. You could tell by the way the entire room erupted with chatter and high squeals.

Tell me one good reason why we had lunch together with the sophomores. I could find none, especially since Harry came back. They were a pain in the ass. You could even see people who put their hands over their ears to block the noise out.

Everyone at my table turned to the entrance, knowing who was entering the room. Harry and Liam walked towards their table, a bunch of girls following them. It wouldn't surprise me if he bossed around with them and told them to go buy his food. I wanted to roll my eyes at the idea.

Before I could comprehend what happened, I could feel my heart stop beating in my chest. Those eyes. They were looking at me again. Those green, beautiful eyes that I could drown int-- Alright, I should stop. This wasn't okay. I shouldn't feel this way. Yet, I could still feel my breathing get uneven by his stare. I hated him.