Chapter 25 ~ The Text

[Harry]

Once I had finished singing the song, I was instructed to walk behind the scenes. They were still live out there with people in the audience as well, making me feel nervous since I was going on in a few minutes again to do a small interview. I should be used to interviews and being on television by now, but I wasn't. Well, it just felt different now ever since I visited home. It was like I was becoming famous all over again, feeling all new to the nervousness.

Taking a deep breath, I could suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Paul giving me a smile, which I returned. "Are you nervous, son?" He asked, sounding surprised.

I shrugged, biting my bottom lip. "I don't know, but my heart is racing," I admitted, making him chuckle.

"Was a long time ago I saw you acting like this."

I bit my lip, nodding my head without looking at him. "Yeah... I guess I've changed."

He was quiet for a second, staring at the floor while thinking about something. I was just about to turn around when I heard him speak.

"I like this you better."

A smile formed on my lips as I nodded my head. Right then, I was ordered to go back on stage again. I did as told and strode out to the guy sitting on one of the leather couches in the studio.

Sitting down on the one opposite of him, I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and ran a hand through my curls.

"Welcome back, Harry Styles," the interviewer greeted, a smile playing on his lips. He had short cut brown hair with brown eyes and looked to be in his late thirties.

"Thank you."

"So, how does it feel to be back on tour?" The man asked.

"It feels great, but I do admit it was very nice to be home for a while too. It's been a long time since I had time to meet my family," I admitted.

He nodded. "Yeah, it must be tough to be away from them for so long. I mean, you're only eighteen and were only sixteen when you became famous."

"Of course," I said, pursing my lips. "Even though I was young I think I've learned a lesson from these years. I think I've started to realize what matters into my life and what doesn't. It's been a great experience."

The man looked a bit thoughtful by my words. "You say you've realized what matters into your life. What do you mean by that?" He wondered.

It didn't surprise me that he asked a follow-up question to that. Interviewers job was to practically suck interesting things out of famous people. "I mean that there are things that matter a lot to me that I didn't realize before. It's actually sad how long it took for me to realize it."

He nodded his head slowly as if trying to understand what I meant, but I could tell I was speaking in tongues according to him. "I see..." He trailed off.

Just as he was about to ask another question, someone in the audience shouted; "Are you together with the boy who was out with your mother?"

The question made me freeze in my spot. I was not expecting that. It seemed like the interviewer was surprised as well considering he raised his eyebrows. "Right. A boy has been pictured with your mother. Is this your friend from before you were famous?" He asked, ignoring the fact that the person in the audience had included the fact that there could be a romance between us.

I swallowed hard, breaking eye-contact with him and looking down at my fiddling fingers in my lap. Ever since I auditioned for the X-Factor, I had done my best not to bring Louis into anything, but I guess that time was over now.