Chapter 30 ~ The Calls

[Louis]

Hannah and I went to a café in town where they sold everything from baguettes, sandwiches to sweets like cookies and cakes. I was more of a salty kind of person though, so I bought a baguette with ham and cheese while Hannah bought a piece of mud cake.

We sat down at a table by the windows, hanging our jackets on our chairs. I took a sip of the coffee I had ordered before setting it down on the table. Hannah was watching me the entire time, her eyes narrowed slightly.

"Has he texted or tried calling you?" She asked.

Honestly, I hadn't even looked at my phone since it all happened. It was like it was poison to me after I saw those pictures. I didn't even want to touch it. However, I still wanted to see if he had tried to contact me since I found out about his affair with that girl.

I fished my phone from my back pocket and the screen lit up when I touched the home button. No messages and no missed calls. "No," I muttered, placing the device on the table with a sigh.

Her eyes narrowed even more at this new fact. "That's actually weird. I thought he would continue with his actions and apologize for his stupid act. Maybe he doesn't know that you have found out about it?" She wondered.

Shrugging my shoulders, I tried not to think too much about it. I honestly didn't want him to be present in my thoughts right now. "Let's not talk about him though. Didn't you tell me that I should get on better thoughts?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

She nodded in agreement. "You're right."

"How is Brandon doing? Have you heard anything from him?" I questioned, changing the subject.

"Yeah, he texted me earlier telling me that he was feeling a little better. It's actually strange how fast he caught that flew. Only yesterday he was feeling great at the movies," she shrugged.

I took another sip of my coffee before taking a large bite of my baguette. "Getting sick can happen quickly though. Once, I was feeling great all day until the evening when I suddenly threw up. It can happen any second."

"I guess you're right..."

"Does he know you're here with me?" I wondered, not wanting to get in between the two of them. I wasn't sure what Brandon really thought of me yet. If he was okay with me hanging out with Hannah since we had recently ended our relationship.

"Yeah, and don't worry about that, Louis. I told him you realized you were gay while being in a relationship with me."

I let out a gasp at her confession, stomping her on the foot under the table. "You can't just tell him that! It's not even true. I never said I was gay."

She rolled her eyes. "But now he doesn't mind us hanging out together, so you shouldn't complain about it."

I glared at her. "Still. You can't go around telling things like that. Sure, I'm not straight, but we didn't break up because you turned me gay. I liked you very much actually," I said, matter-of-factly.

She raised her eyebrows in amusement. "You liked me? As in you don't anymore?"

"Well, not like that," I shrugged, making her chuckle.

"Alright, I'll take that."

Right then, my phone buzzed on the table in front of me. The screen was turned upwards, meaning that I could clearly see what was happening on the screen. My eyebrows furrowed at the sight of an incoming call from Harry.