Chapter 7 ~ The Lunch

[Louis]

During the next few days, I didn't do very much. I went to school, did my homework and laid in my bed. That was pretty much it. I didn't feel like doing anything else but mope. I knew that I shouldn't, that I should try my best to stop thinking about Harry and his appearance out of nowhere, but it was hard. He'd been my best friend since birth and my boyfriend for two years, it was close to impossible.

It was now Saturday morning and I was still lying in bed, not wanting to wake up and face yet another day of bad things happening. But it was Saturday after all, so I would at least not have to go to school, which was definitely a positive thing. Rolling around on the bed, I let out a loud groan and rubbed my eyes with my fists to get the sleep out of them.

After some time, I finally managed to get up and go down to the kitchen where my entire family was sat at the table; mom, Lottie and Fizzy. I slumped down beside Lottie without a word and reached out to grab a slice of toast on a plate in the middle of the table. It took some time for me to realize that I was being examined.

Looking up, I noticed that all three of them were looking at me, all of them seeming slightly concerned. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"How are you, son?" She asked, pressing her lips into a thin line.

"I'm alright, why?"

She let out a sigh, placing her spoon on the table. "It's just that you have seemed pretty... off these last few days and it's starting to worry me. You haven't been talking much and you've mostly kept to yourself. I'm just wondering if everything is okay with you?"

The wrinkle between my eyebrows only deepened by her words. I knew that I hadn't been speaking very much lately, but I didn't think they had noticed it. Usually, they were too caught up in their own business to catch up on my change in behavior. At least when it had just been going on for a couple of days. "It's nothing, mom. There's no need to worry," I promised her.

She nodded slowly. "I hope you're speaking the truth. I don't like seeing you like this."

I gave her a weak smile, nodding my head.

We continued eating in silence for the next couple of minutes until Fizzy broke the silence. "When were we going out for lunch?"

Looking up in confusion, having no idea that we were planning to eat out today, I furrowed my eyebrows. It didn't happen very often considering mom was the only one with an income in the household so we usually didn't waste the money we had on eating out. "We're eating out?" I asked, my eyes finding my mom again.

She bit her bottom lip, shaking her head slowly. "Eh, no, we're not. Actually, we're going over to Anne and Robin's for lunch. That's what I told you too, Fiz."

During the entire time she spoke that sentence, she kept her eyes on my younger sister. She knew I wouldn't like the idea considering what happened last time I was over at their place. Yet, here she was, planning it all without even my knowledge.

"We're what?" I almost spat the food out of my mouth.

Mom turned to me then, looking a bit apologetic. "I know things aren't good between you and Harry now, but I've talked to Anne and we both think that you two need each other. You just need to talk things out."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "We don't need to talk about anything. He's already made his mind up and he doesn't want me in his life anymore. He's definitely made sure of that. There's nothing to do about it, and to be honest, I'm fine with how it is now. I thought you agreed with me on this, mom," I said, averting my gaze.