Chapter 18 ~ The Coffee

[Louis]

After dinner that same evening, I went back to my bedroom and flopped down on my bed. What could Anne have possibly wanted to talk to me about? Sure, Harry might have changed... a little since he came back. Could it have anything to do with that?

With a sigh, I fished my phone from my pocket and went to my contacts. Once I found her number, I clicked on it and pressed the device against my ear. She answered on the third ring.

"Louis?"

"Hello, Anne. I heard you called."

You could practically hear her smile through the phone. "I did, yeah. I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner tomorrow evening? It's been a while since last time," she requested, making me shut my eyes.

"Anne..." I trailed off, sighing.

"I know what you're thinking, Louis, but he won't be a problem, I promise."

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "But he's going to be there, isn't he?"

When she didn't answer me right away, I knew it meant I was right. "Look, Anne. I'd really love to meet you guys, but I'm not sure I can do it if he's going to be there. We aren't really... on good terms right now. I'm really sorry," I apologized biting my bottom lip.

"I understand, Louis. I just... I want you to know that he's been starting to change. I don't know what happened, but ever since Christmas, he's been slowly returning to the one he used to be. I just thought you'd like to meet him then, but I understand. I'll see you another time, yeah?"

Letting out another sigh, I ran a hand through my fringe. I hated letting Anne down, but I really couldn't face Harry after what happened today. Well, at least not have dinner with him. I assumed I'd have to see him at school no matter what.

"I'm really sorry, Anne. I hope you know that."

"Oh, please, don't apologize, love. I completely understand you. Let's catch up some other time, just the two of us. How does that sound?"

A smile spread on my lips at her proposal. "That sounds awesome," I said honestly.

"Great. See you later, Louis."

"See you, Anne."

With that said, we both hung up on each other. I mentally smacked myself in the forehead once I had placed the phone beside me. Why did I always have to get in those difficult situations? It wasn't really fair, to be honest.

-

Next day in school was... better. Well, people didn't stare at me as much as they did the other day, but it was hard to face Harry in class after what happened yesterday. Good thing was that he didn't acknowledge me when I entered the classroom and walked over to my seat.

Mr. Waltz began class as he usually did, and it turned out we would work individually today, which I was more than happy about. I opened up my notebook and started writing. About twenty minutes into the lesson, I could feel someone staring at me from my left.

I pulled my eyebrows together, wondering who it could be. Though, I was quite positive that it was a curly haired boy. I didn't even have to look, I just knew it was him. It was just something my subconscious could feel.

That was also why I decided not to turn my head towards the source. I just couldn't face him after the incident. I didn't want to see his facial expression.