Chapter 23 ~ The Goodbye

[Louis]

After that day, the time just flew by. Harry kept giving me roses and flashing his specific smiles whenever we got eye-contact whether that was in the cafeteria, the hallways or the classroom. Sometimes, there would even be a note together with the rose, but I never really understood what they meant. It was just a sentence each time. So far I'd received;

'Same lips red, same eyes blue'

'Tastes so sweet, look so real'

And 'I can't touch what I see'.

Sure, it was most certainly about me, but I didn't get why he would give me them. However, it would be a lie to say I wasn't falling more and more for him each day that went by. My heart would even skip whenever I caught sight of him, and that hadn't happened since the first time he got back here.

The tweet he had posted that day was also very sweet of him. I had asked him if he could do something about it. Sure, I hadn't exactly asked him nicely, but even if he said there was nothing he could do, he'd actually tried getting the people to stop talking shit about me, just to please me. To say he was making it tough for me would be an understatement.

But, I still had the thought of him not deserving me after what he did in my head. Plus, I still wasn't sure I would ever be able to trust him again. So, therefore I still kept looking away from him and ignoring him the best I could.

As for Niall and Zayn, I felt that they were also keeping a closer eye on me in case I showed any signs of taking back the boy. I tried to ignore them the best I could because I thought their behavior was ridiculous. They were just too overprotective.

Other than that, things had been great with Hannah. We still hung out a lot, but our relationship stayed the same. To be honest, we had more of a friendship than relationship, but I didn't dare say anything to Hannah in case she would get hurt by it. It wasn't like I wanted it to be a friendship rather than a relationship anyway.

Today, it was Harry's last day of school before he was going back on tour. I didn't know why, but I just couldn't bring myself to smile that morning, not even when Lottie pulled a joke at the kitchen table. Hannah's presence couldn't even bring my mood up, which was unusual. She usually made a smile creep to my face.

She didn't question me about it though, which was also unusual. Usually, she would catch up on my behavior right away and question me about it, but not today. I was pretty happy about that though because the more time that went by, I was starting to understand why I was feeling so down.

It didn't help when I sat in the same classroom as the curly haired boy and he didn't seem fazed by any of it. In fact, he looked unusually happy, not sad. He was laughing together with Brittany who had warmed up to him a few weeks ago and didn't have to fan herself whenever he was near her.

It made me frustrated though. It was his last day here. Shouldn't he give me more attention than he did? I mean, he had tried getting my attention for almost a month now and today was the last day he would see me in probably a really good time.

Biting my bottom lip, I looked down at my notebook, feeling Mr. Waltz's eyes on me. I didn't look up at him though because I knew what he was thinking. I had talked to him about a week ago, telling him that Harry had shown no sign at all of the asshole he'd been in the beginning, which had made him grin.

He suggested I would give him another chance, which I hadn't stopped thinking about ever since, but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

When I got to my locker after the bell rang, I was expecting to see another rose there, but to my surprise, my lock was the only thing there. It made my heart sink. This could only mean one thing. Harry had finally given up on me.