Chapter 26 ~ The Best

[Louis]

A second later, a familiar curly haired lad showed up around the corner, a guard following him. However, it didn't seem like the lad was paying any attention to him. The only thing he was focused on was... me.

His appearance made my heart stop beating in my chest. There was no way he was here. I must be dreaming or mistaking this person for him. It was just not possible that he had come all the way back without answering me for my sake. There was just no way.

Though the second he was standing in front of me, his green, beautiful eyes looking into my own and his hands cradling my face, I was starting to realize that it wasn't a dream. A dream couldn't possibly feel so real. His touch couldn't be so intense if it had just been a dream. It must be real.

And the second he leaned in to press our lips together, I knew for sure that it was not a dream. It was real. Harry was here, kissing me as if it was our first kiss all over again. I could even picture us together in the lake behind my eyelids. It was surreal.

Even if it surely didn't feel like I was dreaming anymore, it still felt like a dream. I mean, this was a dream come true. For two years, I had pictured myself in this situation, kissing the love of my life once again, and to be honest, I couldn't be happier. How stupid could I be to think I could possibly go on without him? He was my everything, and even if he hurt me, I would forgive him. I was just too head over hills for him.

After about ten seconds, I reacted and started moving my lips against his, reaching up to wrap my hands around his neck and playing with the curls at the back of it. God, I'd really missed this.

I could tell he had as well considering the tight grip he now had on my hips and the quiet moan that escaped his lips, vibrating against my own. I forgot everything about my surroundings, that I was still in the hallway with my friends around me. All I could think about was Harry and his perfectly plump lips that were kissing my own.

After another few seconds, we slowly broke apart, none of us wanting to separate from the other. I could still feel his breath against my mouth when we slowly opened our eyes, gazing into each other's souls.

Right then, someone cleared their throat, making me take a step back. I looked behind me and saw Zayn raising his eyebrows at me. Looking back at Harry, I bit my lip.

"You came back," I noted, not daring to look into his green eyes anymore.

He gave me a small smile. "Of course I did."

"Y-you saw my message?"

He nodded his head slowly. "I've seen all the messages you ever sent to me. I was just too much of an ass to reply to any of them," he admitted, looking down in shame.

"I thought..." I trailed off, inhaling a deep breath. "I thought you would ignore this one too since you did with the other ones."

He shook his head, taking a step forward to reach up and cup my cheek in his hand, caressing my skin with his thumb. "I meant what I said when I left you. I... I love you, Lou, and I can't describe how sorry I am for treating you so awfully these past two years. You didn't deserve any of it."

I looked down at my shoes, not saying anything for a while. "I think," I began, letting out a deep breath. "I think I might love you too."

The only thing I could hear was how he immediately stopped breathing, and if it weren't for the fact that I felt myself being pulled into a tight hug, I would've looked up to make sure he was okay. However, there was no doubt I was embraced by him.