017

I collected my books from the table, glaring at my homework for the holidays concerning 'Apparition Studies.' Holidays started the day after the Yule Ball, held on the twenty fifth of December. School then commenced back on the third of January. It wasn't fourteen days, but it was close to, and the arrival of the other schools and the Tri-Wizard Cup had mixed everything up.

"The only thing I can remember from that class is destination, determination and deliberation," Angelina huffed.

"The three D's!" I exclaimed dramatically. "I reckon we can fit another D into it," I said with a smirk.

"Of course you'd think that way!" Angelina groaned.

I smiled as she whacked her hand to her eyes. "Where'd the twins and Lee run off to anyways?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm getting sick of waiting for Fred to ask me to the ball," Angelina frowned.

"You just have to wait a little more," I supplied. I pushed my books into my bag, before deciding to forget about the homework.

"I've been waiting! Ugh, has George asked you yet?"

I can't possibly say that I didn't know what she was talking about, I'm not clueless. "No... he hasn't."

"Idiot he is." Angelina shook her head in disappointment. She was about to talk again, but the green-eyed Bulgarian from a couple of weeks back walked up to us. I altered my body awkwardly, so I could slip my bag back onto my back. I fixed up my sweater as he came to a stop before us.

"Aurora," he greeted solemnly.

"Dimitrov," I acknowledged, pushing my hair behind my ear.

Angelina looked from me to Dimitrov, to back at me again. She arched her eyebrow, the curl of her lips giving everything away. Little shi- "Well, I'll see you later Rory. Dimitrov," she bided.

She sauntered away, disappearing behind the right corner. I looked up at Dimitrov. He was a nice guy, and he had talked to me a couple of times in the Library; since that fateful day of 'Truth or Dare'.

"Were you waiting for me?" I queried him.

"No. Coincidence," he shrugged, his accent apparent.

I laughed at his blatant response. We started walking to Merlin knows where and talked.

"How's Krum going with his little magic egg?" I asked.

"I must keep my mouth shut, or I will die." His face was straight and my eyes widened.

"What?"

A smirk overtook his mouth and he chuckled lightly. "I don't die."

I rolled my eyes playfully, before deciding to prompt him on the Granger and Krum situation. "I heard a little rumour that he asked Hermione Granger," I told him.

"Oh, yes. He asked her."

We turned down another corridor and he cleared his throat, before speaking.

"You're going to the ball, yes?" He questioned.

I nodded my head, "Yes."

"Do you... have a partner?"

My eyes trailed over his clean-shaven head, before I answered,"Oh... no-one's asked me yet." He hasn't asked me yet.

He halted to a stop, and I had to do a one-eighty to face him. Why'd he stop?

"Will you give me the honour to take you to the Yule Ball?"

I blinked a couple of times, my mind analysing the situation. Will George even ask me though? He's taking his sweet old time.