038

The night before had all been a blur of events that melted into one. The next morning, we had groggily woken up to the caws of crows. They were perched up on their designated spots on the window seals and on the gargoyles located outside. All of us took a respective gargle and swallow of a rancid potion which relieved the effects of a hangover. We had all stumbled into the Great Hall in search of sustenance to relieve our churning stomachs. The boys were shoveling their food into their mouths, as was I. My stomach felt empty and my body felt weak and heavy. Ange had already gone on her way to the library, chirpily grabbing an apple before departing. I had no idea how she had been able to maintain her composure considering she had drank a lot last night.

"Don't you guys look great!" Ron sarcastically expressed as he sat down opposite to George and I.

"Thanks," Lee grumbled, his head raising momentarily from the table. His head soon disappeared back into the darkness of his arm resting on the table. Fred gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Guess the potion isn't working for poor Lee over here," Fred bemusedly observed. Lee's response was him halfheartedly shaking his shoulder from side to side to let Fred's grip slip. "Don't be like that, baby," Fred cooed.

"What happened to you guys?" Harry frowned.

"Adult stuff," I said with a wink.

"Adul- what?" Harry replied.

"We can't tell you. If we did, we would have to kill you," Fred threatened playfully, finally slipping his hand away from Lee's shoulder.

"Join the line," Harry deadpanned. A bunch of 'ooohs' filled our group at the quick response.

"Boy's got lines..." I hummed, slightly impressed.

Hermione soon came barreling down the isle with a tower of books stacked in her hands. It slightly resembled the leaning tower of Pisa. Fred caught the sight of it as well, his tall frame momentarily stretching up to unload a few books.

"Thank you," Hermione gratefully expressed. Ron moved slightly to the right to allow her to sit down. Hermione set her books down on the wooden chair, her hands grabbing her enchanted book bag from around her back. She opened it, stuffing the books inside, along with Fred's load except one.

"Stressing much?" George quipped with a smirk. She raised her brow in response, daring him to continue. George up for a challenge was about to prod further before I stepped in.

"-Be kind," I hushed him. He let out a sigh, digging his fork into his scrambled eggs.

"Why carry all those books in the first place, Mione?" Harry piped from Ron's right side.

"Hartfield borrowed some of my text books, and only just returned them in the corridor," she replied. Ah, Hartfield. I vaguely remember his plump figure and his worn-out and used clothes. "I wouldn't have been carrying them just for fun. Trust me." She huffed.

"Yeah, just some books," Fred emphasised with a shrug.

"Study going good then?" I asked the three musketeers. They had an O.W.L exam later on today, for which subject, I could not remember.

"The study of the 'theory of charms' is going exemplary," Hermione said.

"I can't wait to be stuck with the pink lady for two hours," Ron fake grinned.

"Looking forward to it," Harry grimaced.

"As you should be Harry boy-" George smiled.

"-Keep your ears peeled!" Fred chortled.

"Silence!" Umbridge ordered from her position on the stage.

I rolled my eyes at her bark. Our group quietened down as questioning glances filled our group. Hermione sent me an inquisitive stare, "Do you know what they're going on about?"