035

A lil bit of smut heheh. Just skip it if ye don't likey likey.

It was a week later and I was situated in my bed, cross-legged. An artbook sat in my lap, whilst different pencils were sprawled next to my thigh. I grabbed a piece of tissue, rubbing it against the parchment to soften the harsh lines and shading.

I had been drawing to take my mind off the never ending predicament I was in, but who was I kidding? It wasn't working. Not very well anyways. I let out a sigh, the pencil end coming to my mouth as I thought about an occurance two nights ago. For a split second I had thought George would never forgive me, but he'd given me some hope. Maybe it was forced hope on my end, I wasn't quite sure. I never am quite sure.

My footsteps were light as I tip-toed into the darkened room. Fred was engaged in a board-game with Julian, Ron, Harry and Hermione downstairs. Julian had briefly invited me before the game, but I had politely declined. Everything was still a little... unsettling.

I had seen George go past our door to his and Fred's room, and I hadn't seen him go back since then. I had told Julian to leave the door open purely for the reason to catch a glimpse of George going back down. Of course, there was the option of him apparating, but apparition often left a certain sound. And I hadn't heard any. So I had come up with the conclusion that George hadn't been up to playing the game.

And I was right.

His darkened form was wrapped up in sheets on his bed, leaving me to call out his name softly. As much as I tried to hold in my emotions, the pain I had been feeling ebbed out bit by bit. I had never felt this miserable in my life.

"I'm sorry," I peeped. I walked over to his bed, sitting beside his head that was under the covers. "I really am, George."

My voice hitched as his hand came out of the sheets and deftly found my forearm. My heart beat was loud in my ears, thrumming nervously as if George was about to push me away. The thought was irrational really, he had only pushed me emotionally in the past before. My eyes widened momentarily as his right hand opened the duvet; welcoming me to join him.

I slipped in beside him. His hand around my forearm left, arm wrapping around my head. His right pulled me towards him and I found my head under his chin.

Beads of water fell from my eyes, and I gripped onto him tightly. "I'm s-"

"Shhh," he interrupted.

Silence washed over us as we both held onto each other. No talking. Just touch. Just us. George and Aurora...

And the wet tears from his eyes, dampening my hair soundlessly.

My pencil found the parchment again, delicate lines etching amongst the shading. My left hand came up to my forehead, scratching absentmindedly. Fred had been distant since the truth had come out, keeping our interactions short. Meanwhile, Hermione and Ron found it fascinating about the time travelling aspect of it all. Harry more so, was a pit pensive about it all. I'd pondered over him thinking that maybe he blamed me for Cedric's death. But, that was an immature thought, yet it plagued me. I was supposed to help that night, yet I hadn't. I had made the situation worse.

A knock on the door broke me from my reverie. My head looked expectantly towards the door that was opening slowly. "Yes?"

"You'll be alright to hold down the fort, yes?" Molly queried.

"Of course," I hummed.

"Like I told you yesterday, Arthur has a checkup today. If anything happens, make sure to inform me as quickly as possible. Sirius is Merlin-knows-where, but I'm entrusting the children to you."