021

I peeled my eyes open, my nose scrunching at the artificial light above me. I trembled as hazy memories filled my mind. I confusedly looked around the room I was currently in, feeling no pain as I hesitantly sat up.

The room I'm in is devoid of life. The walls are a pristine white, and there's a lack of decoration. A limp grey curtain covers a window to my right. An undertone of bleach can be smelt throughout the small room I'm in.

A small nip from my forearm brought my attention to a drip in my arm. I followed the cord up with my eyes to find a potion of some sort being administered to me slowly. I looked away from the needle in my arm, taking in my blue and white patient-clothing.

I push the thin blanket off of me with my legs. I peeled the thin layer of clothing up on my left thigh. My eyes widened, as the inflicted cut from Peter Pettigrew- the rat- was gone.

CLICK.

My head whipped to the door opposite of my bed. A male came in the room, a white doctor's coat adorning his body. His hazel eyes met mine, and for a second I thought I saw a flash of red. My heart thrummed, and I took in his bald head.

My skin prickled, and I remembered the torturous pain of the Cruciatus Curse. I twitched in response to the memory.

"I see you've woken up," the Doctor acknowledged. "I'm Doctor Hilfbourne."

It's him. Isn't it? He's going to finish me...

He gave me a friendly smile, and I shook my head in fear. He looked like he was reading me, brows furrowed as he took in my frazzled response to his presence.

My head hurt as he carelessly divulged into my mi-

I pulled the drip out of my forearm quickly.

"Help! Please!" My voice was raspy as I strained my dry throat.

The Doctor went for his wand and I let out a blood-curdling scream of urgency.

Drowsiness get's folks dead, fast. Only the paranoid survive. 

I slipped out of the bed inelegantly, my feet slipping on the tiles. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I pushed the Doctor out of my way. I ignored the resonating pounding in my head as I scrambled for the door; my hand colliding with the cold silver. I pulled it open and quickly exited. I ran down a white corridor, finding a Nurse quickly at the right bend.

"He's here." I told her, my stomach flipping in angst.

"Who?" She asked me, her dark orbs widening.

I turned around, to find the bald Doctor jogging after me. I pointed at him, sending her a frightened glance.

"He's he-"

I felt a prick in my neck, and the Nurse wrapped her arms around me protectively. I felt tired all of a sudden, and I realised that I had been hit with an induced-sleep spell. My eyes fluttered closed, and the familiar darkness of unconsciousness took me in. 

I sighed in boredom as nurse Hartwig took my drip out. Hartwig was a nice middle-aged woman and she wasn't as strict as the other nurses. She could actually take a joke.

"You're not going to escape today, are you?" She teased me.

I rolled my eyes at her, "I was high on those potions that Doctor gave me."

Hartwig giggled, her dark orbs glistening. She set the needle from my arm down on a floating silver dish. "You're allowed visitors this afternoon. How exciting!" She enthused.