037

My eyes welled with unstoppable hot tears, head burning and hands shaking. My emotions were rolling in waves, consuming my mind and body. I bit my bottom lip to keep myself quiet so my roommates wouldn't hear me. I buried my head into my pillow whilst clutching my mattress to try and banish the sounds escaping my lips.

I was unsure as to what to do. I wasn't sure whether to tell Dumbledore, he was left in the dark about many things. He was a smart man; I was surprised about how long Julian and I had lasted already without being found out. Then again, we didn't converse much with him.

My hands left my mattress as I rolled onto my back a few minutes later, coming up to hold onto my face. I knew deep down who had went into my mind, the coldness, the intrusiveness, the dark magic that entrenched itself into my memories... it was familiar to that fateful night at the graveyard.

My own Father, well, an alternate version of my Father had infiltrated my mind. I was definitely on his radar now and that left me fearful. What was he to think now? First, I was the girl filled with an uncanny ability of occlumency in protection from his legilimency. Now that assumption was tainted. He had caught me off guard, which in retrospect wouldn't have made a difference anyways, but now he knew something was up. That I wasn't showing him lies, but memories instead.

The next few months went by in a blur; fear looming over me. It sat in the back of my mind, always waiting for the inevitable to happen. I didn't know what the inevitable was because truth be told, there were too many. I had lost track a while ago, giving up and focusing on my magic so I could protect myself.

Umbridge's reign on classes limited myself and many students. However, luckily, we had Harry's classes to actually learn and develop as competent wizards and witches. But I knew it wasn't going to be much longer until that was taken away. We tried to put pre-measurements up to prevent the bust down on the D.A, but we couldn't stop somebody from speaking about it.

We had no idea as to who would spill the beans, so all we could do was try and build good friendships with everybody. It made me partially feel manipulative though... trying to force and build friendships when my shy self would rather not.

Harry's voice broke me out of my daydream, and I shook my head in response, trying to get rid of my dizzying thoughts.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up," Harry spoke, walking down the middle of the room; a respectful distance from us. People were littered around the room, wands pointed and ready to cast the spell we had been building up to.

I turned away from his voice encouraging Seamus, my wand pointed to the air. My elbow was bent as I tried to sort through my memories.

A yelp brought my attention from the ground to my friend Ingrid. I had managed to catch her in the act of falling over. She met the grass ground with a THUD, her mouth opening with laughs. I cackled from above her, eyes watering as my eyes flew to the obstruction in her path that had resulted in her falling down. A rock. A very small rock at that.

My eyes glistened at that memory, heart-warming from the memory of my friend.

"Expecto Potronum," I casted.

A light shade of blue emitted from the tip of my wand, wisps forming into a lioness. The lioness leaped around the room, hind legs pushing back on the air in earnest to gain momentum.

And then I remembered that I hadn't seen Ingrid in a few years, having been transported to the past. My eyes that had welled up from happiness were now filled with sadness, resulting in my Patronus to dissipate into thin air. The pretty blue light no more.

The teetering of the room and the flickering of the light belonging to the glass chandelier snapped me out of my sad thoughts. My mouth forming an, 'o,' as I realized what was to come.