029

I had handed in my last assignment today which was for Charms. A weight had lifted itself off my chest as I was finally not worrying about the assessments. The second last assignment I had to do was frustrating, but George and Fred had lent me a hand. They had a knack for Potions, which would be a given due to their passion of magical trickery.

I took these studies seriously, I may not be Aurora Night... but I wanted to give myself a good chance for a well-paying job for the next few years. After all, Julian and I weren't ones to free load. Well, I wasn't so sure about Julian...

But, then again. I had to try and keep myself on the low, so maybe getting a Ministry job wasn't the best. A background check would have to be conducted, which included a birth certificate. Psh... I'm a mess of contradictions.

"Oh-" I was knocked into from the side.

"I'm sorry!" I turned around to find Flora. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, smiling at me. "Looks like I bumped into you this time by myself. Cedric norm-" She stopped talking, tearing her eyes briefly to the stones on the ground.

"How are you... holding up?" I queried her cautiously.

A delicate frown surpassed her features and her coffee-brown orbs met mine. "It's getting better, I suppose. Cho's emotions are still fresh, it's hard to watch her sometimes. Uh, you? Afterall... you were there."

I get hallucinations sometimes about that fateful night. I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. I get throbs of pain sometimes from the emotional torment. "I-I'm doing fine. I just don't want to forget him y'know? He doesn't deserve that."

"No, he doesn't," she agreed. "Well, it was nice talking to you Rory. But, I need to go find my friends," She explained.

"Oh, okay. Don't let me keep you. Bye, Flora."

"Bye..." she trailed off. She was about to leave, but halted herself. "This may seem random, but I really like your name."

Yeah, you actually chose it.

"Oh, thanks."

"Um, well yeah. Bye," Flora bided.

She left me with a small wave, her frame disappearing down the corridor. I started walking to the Gryffindor Common Room, but after a few turns I found Draco belittling a kid. I rolled my eyes as he was being a sodding prick.

"Draco, just leave him alone. You're nit-picking," I frowned, interrupting the two.

Draco didn't have his cronies to back him up, but it didn't stop him from being an arse. "You're talking to a High Inquisitorial, Night. Back it up."

"No, I'm talking to you, Draco Malfoy," I corrected him.

I gestured for the kid to leave, and he skedaddled in fear. Draco tried to push past me to get to the kid, but I moved in front of him, head on.

"What's your problem?" He spat.

"What's yours?" I questioned. "What's happened between you and Julian?"

"I don't want to talk about him," Draco frowned.

He tried to push past me again, but my hand latched onto his wrist. He turned to face me.

"Draco, please! Even I could see before that you cared for him, he was your friend. You may not be nice to everyone, but you do care. You try to hide it. It's just..." I trailed off, trying to think of what to say.

"I'm not hiding anything," he growled.

"What's all this hatred for? It's tainting you..." I shook his wrist lightly, hoping I was getting to him.