028

This chapter is more so a filler one... with all the D.A meetings kind of squished into one chapter. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy. Remember to vote and give a comment. Don't be ghost-readers :D

-Jadexx

It was October ninth, 1995; the D.A's first lesson. We thought we had to be careful at the beginning, but now... even more so. Umbridge had caught wind of our little group and had made a twenty-fourth decree; banning all student groups.

"Woah!" I exclaimed. I ducked quickly as Neville's wand came flying back.

His wand wedged itself within a groove, blue sparks omitting due to the force behind it, I shared a look with Julian. It probably doesn't help that he uses his father's wand, but there's a sweet sentiment in it.

"I'm hopeless," Neville dejectedly spoke.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this," Harry evaluated. "Expelliarmus."

Harry did the spell perfectly, and the black mechanical figure was disarmed of its wand. The clunk of the object meeting the marbled ground echoed around the room.

"Try and copy that, Neville," Harry said.

A few of us realised that passing the word around verbally concerning the next meetings for the D.A wasn't a secure method. This led to the idea of bewitched coins with a Protean Charm. When Harry activated it, numbers on each coin would change to inform the bearer of the time and date of the next meeting.

I was the second-hand of Harry, implementing suggestions if he was busy. Everybody helped everybody, but since I was more knowledgeable, alike with Harry, we were the main helpers.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's a wizard's bread and butter, really." Harry began.

There were two lines, everybody having an opponent. I was faced with Julian, and I was smirking quite happily. He's going to get it. Harry walked down the middle, stopping at the edge of the contenders. He turned around, facing a young boy. Alike with Harry, he was lined up with him in the middle.

"So, come on, then, Nigel. Give it your best shot," Harry instructed.

"Stupefy!"

Harry was thrown back, alike with the wielder, Nigel. Harry steadied himself on the ground, slowly getting up.

"Good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done," Harry heavily breathed out in discomfort.

I started to talk, giving Harry some seconds to gather his bearings, "Quality and quickness are levelled here. You want to get the opponent frozen, before they do so to you. But, quickness doesn't mean you necessarily win. You could be doing your opponent a favour. Such as, what Nigel displayed. If you're not completely focussed or if you miss your target... you could throw yourself backwards." I threw a look to Nigel, "You did a brilliant job though Nigel, considering that was your first time. So be proud." I took my focus off him, looking around at the line I was in and the opposite one. "So, everybody... keep that in mind."

"A valuable point Rory," Harry nodded. Silence passed for a few seconds, before Harry spoke again. "Now, everybody take form. Wands out."

I took a deep breath in through my nose, slowly letting it out of my mouth as I angled my body towards Julian's. I focussed on Julian, ears ready for Harry's indication to go.

"Now!"

I wielded my wand, thrashing it forwards with my hand. "Stupefy!"

Julian was three-quarters through his spell when he flew backwards. People on different sides of the two lines followed and I let out a triumphant cheer. I looked towards George who was sprawled on the ground, near Julian.