THE DAY (2)

As Bari uncle compelled my dad he accepted the grocery shop. Bari uncle was a partner of 35%.some what we became financially stable.Due to my dad hardwork he made the grocery shop to a departmental store.while i was doing my VI std in an indian school at Qatar my dad owned three departmental stores with Bari uncle's partnership.Till my VII std we lived in the house which Bari uncle allocated inside his mansion.After that we moved to a rental villa.And now my dad is owning Four departmental stores and two neon Lighting shops in Qatar with Bari uncle's partnership.

After the fire incident Abbas started to talk with us a little before that he wouldn't talk with us.He became my friend when i was in my third grade .In Bari uncle family all knew to talk in Hindi as they mostly have indian maids.He used to take care of me.He had two friends who were Ammar and Adnan who are twins. Other than that i think he didnt have any friends.Most of the times he is the one who took care of me when mom was admitted in hospital during her delivery.He even came to India with us many times on vacation.

When i was doing my VII std he and Adnan got a seat to do Engineering in Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in cambridge,US. I cried a lot because i will miss him. he was a different person when he was with me.But he has Anger issues.he is a short tempered person.He himself dont know what he will do when he is in temper.I was only afraid for his temper issues.When ever i didnt listen or give a response to him he will get mad.he would talk in a high pitch voice which will result tears in my eyes.On seeing my tears he would hurt himself.He wants me to listen and do whatever he says.I thought that was normal untill i reached a certain age.at my IX std i felt scary on seeing him.He used to come to Qatar on his sem leaves while doing Engineering.I hated him because he started to  invade in my privacy and in my life.

On my X std he came to Qatar i didnt went to his home to see him as i was having exams.At that same day evening he came to my home.Mom went to have a talk with the neighbour aunty at her house.Aashiq was doing his IV std at that time.He shouted on me why i was not giving importance to him?I told him that i have exams and my education is my importance.He shouted me that im changed. He told me that what was the reason for me to study hard where at last i will get married and will be seated idle at home?

I still remind his anger in his eyes,his gritted jaws.popped veins in his head and fisted hands.He was deadly scary at the moment.My dad never brought up in my life till like that.He always says that Daughters are same as sons.MY DAD wants me to become a pediatrician.He said that i should earn and i should live on my own as a independent.He never want me to become as a house wife.

My dad is a ideal person.He made my Mom to do her both UG & PG in commerce by distance education.My mom only used to manage my dad accounts.He is proud of my mom.He wants me to make him proud too.

Abbas question raised my temper. i shouted at him that its my life.He dont even have the rights to talk about my life.I told him that i want to become a pediatric doctor.I told him that i wont marry a misogynist like him and wont sit idle at home.i told him that i beleive in gender equality.

He asked me that why i hate him.I told him because he is trying to control me in many things which i dont like.I told him that i want to be independent.He told me that he is not controlling me he want me to be safe.i didnt respond him.At that time mom came to house and ask why he is here .He told that he came to meet and give a present to me.He gifted me a box and left.

I opened the box which had a fountain pen.

Chitra intrudes

CHITRA: A fountain pen i thought it would be a diamond chain.

AREESHA: Its was a Parker fountain pen

RAJ:Model

MARIE:Does it even has models.

RAJ:YES.Model

AREESHA: Duofold Prestige Black Chevron CT

BALA:while doing X std u knew that model name.

AREESHA:No yesterday i checked all the gifts which he presented me.

BALA:Do u have his gift with you?How much it will cost now?

ROSHAN:Why are you going to buy it?

BALA:No,just for a general knowledge.

KARTHIGA:Now it costs $970 which is in 60,000 indian rupees.

MARIE:Oh my my

AREE: Shut up.

MARIE:nothing was written on that?

Aree hand over the box to them with the pen

Aree hand over the box to them with the pen.It was written

To The Future Dr birdie,

"ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR EXAMS.

ACHEIVE YOUR DREAMS.

YOUR HAPPINESS IS MY HAPPINESS."
CHITRA: Birdie???
AREE: he used to call me birdie.

ROSHAN: what the heck you have it with you on all this time?Then why he shouted on you like that

RAJ:it was his insecurity towards her.Then why you came to India AREE.

AREE: i started to feel that he is having a feel for me which is not at all right.I saw his madness and possessiveness on me getting increased day to day.Sometime he voluntarily hurt himself to show me his madness.

RAJ: u mean self harm.

AREE: yes,I was frightened of him and i can see his abnormal behaviour around me.So too avoid him, i came to india for my further studies.Then i went to Qatar when i had leaves at that time he was in US AND UK.So i didnt had a chance to meet him.At our second year pooja Holidays i went to qatar for a week at third day i came to know that he was coming to qatar which is unexpected to everyone.I told my parents that i want to prepare a medical project which i forgot so i came back to india.But my mom asked me

MOM:Are you hiding anything from us?

AREE:NO Ma,why would i ?

MOM:Then why you suddenly today morning told us that you want to go back to India?

Does it have any reasons with Abbas arrival?Why you both never met for the last three years?

AREE:Mom,Its cause of med project im going not because of him.Im in contact with Abbas also.(which was a total lie).tell that idiot that i asked about him to you

MOM: AREE dont hide anything.

AREE:mom you are so meaniee.

FLASHBACK FINISHS....

KARTHIGA:So your mom have a doubt.

AREE:YES

RAJ:what is the promise you both were talking about?