Chapter 18. Mistakes Happen

He placed the hand on the door knob, turning it slowly and carefully moving the door...

As Killua opened the door nervously, he heard a small and yet quiet sniff. Gulping as he saw his own sister laying down on her back with both hands folded on her stomach, just staring at the white ceiling fan above.

He silently closed the door, locking it and went to take seat by his sister who was still staring at the ceiling. "H-hey Alluka, can I have a chat with you?" She hummed while wiping a tear from her one eye. Sitting up, now staring at the white carpet.

The sadden brother placed a hand on her hand and gently squeezed it. "I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry for what happened. My mind was taking  control over my feelings and made me do a horrible decision of hurting the two people I love most. Having so much guilt, regretting everything that I had done to the both of you. I should've just listen to you. I-I'm so so sorry Alluka. Will you forgive me again for being a bad big brother? " Holding back the tears and was giving her a pleading look. Waiting, for an answer.

"I forgive you but..." Killua tilted his head slightly to see a better look of her face. What she was about to say was unexpected.

"You promised that you would never hurt Gon-chan before we were leaving York New City. W-we even pinky promised and a promise you would never break. But yet, you broke it."

Alluka didn't expect this to happen with her big brother. Thinking she was going to or supposedly scold Killua of the whole drama that everyone had about the wish. But she was sadden of how he reacted to the past memory that the two had before coming to Whale Island.

All those words coming from Alluka made the sapphire eyes widen into realization of what she told him. Vivid memories are suddenly appearing...

Flashback:

"Big brother! Look what I got for Gon-chan!" Alluka was shouting happily, running towards the white hair teen, who was staring at a selection of skateboards outside  of a store.

Bringing a small gift box that is colored green, along with little blue sparkly stars all around it, box in hands with a huge smile on her face.

He turned to look and smiled.

"What did you get him?"

"A limited time edition fishing rod. I noticed that he already has one but, I wanted to get him a nice new one as a reunion gift."

He noticed the design on the box of how pretty it is. What he doesn't notice is the color choices of the present. Green representing Gon and blue for Killua. Just admiring the blue sparkles.

"That's nice of you Alluka, you should probably hide it in your suitcase so he won't see it since we have to babysit. Once the baby leaves, we can give it to him. When he gets it, he can just play around with it. Okay?"

"Okey dokie, will you go with him to spend quality time together? Seems like it would be fun going fishing and exploring this beautiful world with your boyfriend." The pale cheeks went to a bright red hue from the word boyfriend. Shoving his hands into his blue shorts and lifted up his shoulders.

"We are not boyfriends Alluka. I already told you this like a million times." Retorting back with a bit of embarrassment in his voice.