Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I woke up the next morning to someone banging on my door. Groaning, I heaved myself out of the bed and went to the door. "What?!" I yelled as soon as I opened it, my messy hair falling into my face. It was Jace.

"Mom told me to wake you up for school." He looked at me, slightly scared. I frightened him sometimes; big pussy.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Tell her I'm dropping out." I said before slamming the door in his face. I hated school.  Always have, always will.

"You can't just drop out!" He yelled from the other side of the door.

"Just did!" I screamed back before jumping back into bed and putting a pillow over my head to block him out.

Soon after he left, I heard mom trudging up the stairs. "Kacilynne Daphne Thompson! Get out of bed this instant!" Oohh, full name. She came pounding on my door and I got up and repeatedly what I did with Jace.

"I told Jace to tell you that I'm dropping out." I said before trying to close the door but her foot caught it.

"I will not allow you to drop out, young lady. Now get up and get dressed."

I turned around to look at her. "Mom, I'll be eighteen in two weeks. It would be pointless for me to go because I've been planning to drop out for a while. I hate school and I hate the people in it. Why not just stop now and get it over with?" I made my argument and she knew I was right. It was time for me to start making decisions.

Her face was stern while her foot tapped impatiently. "Very well," she finally said, "but until you are eighteen, you're grounded."

I just stared at her before groaning and handing her my cellphone and unplugging my TV, Xbox, and stereo. No sense in fighting her, I got what I wanted after all but with consequences.

She took my things happily before finally leaving me at peace.

I looked at the clock I placed on the wall. it read 7:45. Ugh, it's too early to be up. I walked over to the closet and pulled out some of the clothes I had put up yesterday. I changed into a pair of ripped red skinny jeans and an old Guns 'N' Roses T-shirt.

I smelt the bacon before I hit the first floor. The smell was intoxicating but I forced myself away and headed out the door instead, grabbing my jacket on the way out. Dark Grey clouds covered the sky, no doubt it was going to start raining soon but I didn't care.

It was colder than yesterday but not by that much. I started to head into the woods before anyone could stop me. They took away my electronics but they can't take away nature. The trees towered over me, whispering secrets to each other in the breeze. Soon, I came upon a old shed-like building that was a storm or two from collapsing. Being the cat I was, I curiously wandered inside.

The inside of the building was just as rotted and molded as the outside. There was nothing in there but old wood and pieces of cloth...but one caught my attention. It was a pink piece of fabric that had soft, Lacy bows on the side. It stood out to me because it was clean as if it was snagged off someone's clothes recently. Strange.

I turned to leave when I saw something my the entrance that I didn't before. It was a note that looked like it was written with charcoal. It said: 'Always Watches, No Eyes'

My eyebrows lifted as I read it out loud and as soon as I did I instantly regretted it. As soon as the last word fell from my lips I felt... something... a presence. I looked all around me and saw nothing but the sensation of eyes on me stayed and got stronger as I stood there.

My first instinct was, of course, to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE! But, my curiosity got the best of me. I stepped out of the old building and looked around; nothing.

"Kacie..." The same voice I heard last night rang through my head and that time, I decided to haul my ass home.