Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I hung there for a moment before I was quickly retracted to him along with the tentacle. I looked back to were I was and seen my family rush out to see if I was okay but of course, I wasn't there. I wanted to yell out to them, to have them save me from this creature. A large, cold hand snaked over my mouth before I could do so, shushing me.

"We must not be seen or we will have to kill them. You don't want that do you?" His more 'physical' voice spoke by my ear. I shook my head and his hand fell away.

I was still upside down but was being carried through the woods so everything was all messed up and I'm pretty sure the blood was rushing to my head. I looked at the men following us, all with their heads down. "Can you all, like, tell this guy that I'm human and I'm going to pass out from the blood that's rushing to my skull?" They didn't look up or even acknowledged that I had even spoken.

Then, I put my attention on my carrier. "I know you heard me, big guy. Please put me down, I can walk." Well, he put me down alright. He completely dropped me to the ground. I landed with a loud thud, my back breaking my fall. "God-damnit." I whispered and got up, quickly catching up the them and standing by Slenderman's side. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"Away." That was all he said.

What? "Away?  Away from what?" No answer. Sighing, I gave up on getting answers from him and turned to the proxy. "What are your names, at least? Can you all not leave a girl in the dark over here?"

This time the actually reacted. The one with the mask spoke first. "Masky." Wow... that's so... obvious.

Next was the hood dude. "Hoodie." This was getting ridiculous.

I laughed a little and turned to the last guy. "And who are you? Goggles? Twitchy? What?" I asked with slight amusement.

I felt him glare at me before answering. "I-I, I'm Toby.... Ticci-Toby." He said so softly I barely heard him. Well, I'll give them all one thing, their names are easy to remember and they all suit them.

We kept walking for I don't know how long, I assume that we had to be miles into the woods by now. They're taking me somewhere to kill me.

"Not in the very least." Slenderman spoke.

"Dude, that mind-reading shit freaks me out." I said.

He chuckled. "At least you can't keep secrets from me. I know all about anyone who crosses my past just by scanning their mind briefly, Kacie. That's how I know your name."

"Why do you tell me all this? Aren't these your secrets?"

"There are no secrets between me and my proxy. That isn't fair to you. And secrets from me aren't fair either."

"But I am not your proxy." I crossed my arms, frustrated.

"Might as well be." He clasped his hands behind his back.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you are not running away from me. You never did. This shows that you have control over fear and can stand your ground when needed. You are tough and determined, a 'rebel' of sorts and I admire that about you. It would be an honor to have you join me." He looked over at me to let me know he was serious.

I looked straight ahead and didn't say anything else during the walk. Soon, we came upon a building, a house of sorts. It was only two stories, made entirely out of logs and other wooden objects. It was like a cottage, cute and quaint. Warm lights shined through the white curtains and I saw people moving inside. "Where are we?" I asked, finally.

Slenderman disregarded my question and turned to Masky, Hoodie, and Toby. "You all go back inside, I have things to discuss with Kacie." They all obeyed without a moments hesitation. It was as if they were lifeless zombies. As soon as they went in, he turned to me. "Come." He said and began to walk off again.

I groaned inwardly. "Do we have to keep walking?"

"No." He stopped abruptly, making me bump into him.

I sighed in relief and sat on the ground, not carrying about grass stains. "You can sit, too."

"I'd rather stand."

"So, what is it you need to talk to me about?" I asked, peering up at him.

"You have a misunderstanding of us. We are not what we portray to be." He said.

"What, monsters and killers?"

"Bad people."

"Oh, so a group of serial killers aren't bad people?"

"I didn't say the rest of them. Some of them are very, very dangerous, Kacie. If you ever talk to them the way you talk to me,  I can assure you, you will not get away with it."

I thought for a moment, so...the 'good guys' are Slendy and the 'proxy'?

"In a sense, yes."

"Will you stop reading my mind?"

"It's hard not to, you interest me."

I shook my head. "Whatever, just tell me whatever you have to tell me." I waved ny hand and looked back at the house. Someone was watching from upstairs.

"Well-" He started but I cut him off.

"Who's that?"

"Non of your concern!  Now pay attention!" He snapped my attention back to him and continued. "I know I said I would play a game with you but I'm afraid I cannot wait any longer. I'm sorry to deceive you Kacie, but this had to be done." He said, sending a chill down my spine and the next thing I know I am being carried away.