Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Toby drug me all throughout the house, making me dizzy with all the twists and turns. We stopped in front of a wooden door at the end of the second floor hallway. The door was a dark brown to match the walls; all in all it was a very simple door, nothing special.

"What's in there?" I asked, turning towards Toby.

I saw him grin under the mouth covering and pushed open the door, revealing a semi-large room with three beds, two of them holding a sleeping Hoodie and a reading Masky.

"This is our room," he said, pulling me in. "I thought that you'd like to meet the rest of the proxies, formerly at least."

"Wow, that was nice of you. Um, hi, uh Masky and Hoodie." I smiled, waved, and tilted my head, much like an anime character I seen once do.

Hoodie kept snoring while Masky looked up from his book and sat up. "Hello, Kacie."

Wow, that's creepy.

"D-Do you have a name other than, uh Masky? And w-what about Hoodie?" Damn it, I stuttered. I hope he can't see how nervous I am. Something about him creeps me out. I think it's that mask.

Masky put the book down by his night stand and reached for his face, grasping the white mask. In one shift motion, he pulled off the mask revealing a brown-haired, brown-eyed man with side burns and a nose that was just a little too big for his face. "Tim. My real name is Tim." He said with a slight smile.

Putting a face to a name made me relax on the inside. This guy didn't seem harmful. Not to me, at least.

"What about that guy?" I motioned towards Hoodie.

Masky took one of his pillows and chunked it at the sleeping man. The pillow hit Hoodie in the head with a loud thud before it flopped off the bed.

Hoodie sat up faster than expected, causing me to jump. "What the fuck, dude?!" He turned to Masky, who was laughing.

"Reveal yo' self." Masky said while wiggling his fingers like a wizard towards Hoodie.

Hoodie turned towards me, knowing what he meant, and waved before grabbing his knit mask and pulling it off. This guy had a slimmer face than Masky but generally had the same features, just without side burns and a big nose. "My, uh, true name is Brian. Nice to actually meet you."

"Take a seat." Toby said suddenly, pointing out a chair nearby. I took a seat and saw them all smiling at me. Even Toby pushed off up his goggles and pushed down his mouth covering. It was creepy, yet less creepy than the things I've witnessed these past few days. These three seemed like normal boys to me.

"You are all human...right?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Of course." Hoodie said. "We wouldn't be proxies if we weren't." He said as if it were a normal to him. Well..it probably was.

"Okay. Can you explain more about this whole proxy business?" I crossed my arms and leaned back.

"Well, me and Hoodie were both working with our old friends on a student film during college and-" Masky started, but Hoodie finished.

"And he saw what he likes to call 'potential' and 'uniqueness' in us both, but with the exception of Masky over there, who had caught his interest when he was only a little boy." Hoodie looked at Masky, who was nodding along.

"A student film?" I questioned.

"Yes, it was called Marble Hornets, but that is of no importance now." Masky said.

By this time, Toby had went over to his own bed and was staring up at the ceiling. I looked around and basically just realized they were all crammed in this room.

"So," I started, "Why are you all in this one room? Surely when Slenderman built this for you all, he made enough rooms."

"Of course he did," Toby chimed in, "But with all the others wanting a place to stay, Slendy turned our home into practically a hotel! But, I can't say anything because this is not my house, in a technical way."

I nodded in understanding. "Who all lives here?"

"More than needed." Toby said.

"Well, there's us four-" Hoodie started but I stopped him.

"No, I never agreed to live here." I said.

"Ah, but Slendy has to keep you here to protect you, so you have no choice." Masky said.

I sighed, defeated.

"Anyway," Hoodie started again. "There's us four, plus Laughing and Eyeless Jack."

"Are they like twin or something?" I questioned, shuttering at the possibility of that awful clown having a twin.

"No, no, no, no, and no. Far from twins. They aren't enemies but they don't appreciate the fact that they have to share a name. Childish, I know but just call them LJ and EJ." Toby spoke up again.

"Okay."

"And of course, there's Slendy, Jeff, and BEN." Hoodie finished.

"That's a lot of people in one house."

"Yeah, we know. It didn't use to be like this though. We all had our own rooms and Slendy had a room." Masky explained.

"Well, what about that room I was left in? And the others like it? The ones in the basement!"

"Ah, yes! Those are the captor chambers. Slendy just finished them. Aren't they impressive? He built them under the house so no one can hear people scream." Toby grinned evily, but in a way that seemed happy, as if he believed killing and torturing people is all fun and games.

"You people are sick!" I exclaimed, jumping up.

"Whoa! Settle down!" Hoodie stood and walked over to me. "We don't do that sort of thing....often. BUT that's nothing to worry about. We don't plan on harming you." He tried to calm me down but it didn't work.

"I don't care! You are okay with it and you expect me to think that's normal?!"

"Well, around here, it is normal. I'm sorry we frightened you." He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed and tried to smile a bit. "You know, you guys aren't as bad as I originally thought."