Chapter Fifteen

As soon as we were in the clear, I broke away from whoever was holding onto me and sat by a tree, exhausted.

The boys were discussing what to do next when I whispered: "He recognized me."

They stopped and looked at me.

"What do you mean?" Toby asked.

Masky looked at him. "You know, you really are an idiot."

Toby glared behind his goggles.

"Look, she's going to have to lay low for a little while longer." Hoodie said.

"Tell Slendy that. He's the one who sent her with us!" Toby pointed out, his right side twitching momentarily.

"He obviously had a reason to send her with us, you guys. Now, calm down and we'll report this, but we have to keep moving." Masky ordered, walking further away from us.

I leaned my head back against the tree and closed my eyes, feeling the cold chill that the wind brought. I just don't know what to do anymore. The police are obviously going to tell my parents that I was spotted. And with three masked men no less! I don-

"Hey, let's go!" Hoodie yelled back at me, causing my eyes to snap open, breaking me from my thoughts.

I sighed and stood up, dusting off my ass in the process. I followed silently behind them, feeling the leaves and twigs crunch under my boots. It was cold tonight, almost too cold for October. A shiver went up my spine, causing me to zip up my jacket, the leather becoming like a corset around my thin waist; I like the feeling.

I kept walking until I bumped into something...or someone. I looked up to see Toby looking back at me, laughing a bit and telling me to get my head out of the clouds.

I apologized and looked around at where we were. We were near a large home alone the curve of a long, thin road that lead into the city. I looked up and saw a girl typing away on a computer. "Where are we?" I asked the guys.

"This is that girl's house." Toby said, holding me back as Mask and Goodies descended towards the house. "The one named Janice."

I looked away, not wanting to know what they were about to do...but a question plowed in my head. "Do you kill people, Toby?" The question splurred out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

The question seemed to startle him. He leaned against the nearest tree, sighing. "I-I, Kacie.."

"So you do?" I pushed.

He snapped his head up and his eyes locked with mine. "I would be lying if I said I never have." He bluntly stated, still holding my gaze.

I instantly felt fear. How many people has he murdered? Ten? A hundred? A thousand?! I backed away from him until my back hit a tree. I don't know why I was so frightened. I've lived with them for a week, knowing they were probably all murderers. I guess actually confirming that caused the fear.

"I knew you would react like that." Toby said sadly.

"Why?" Was all I said. He just looked at me.

"Why do you kill people?" I asked again. Still no answer.

"Toby! Why do you kill people?!" I practically yelled.

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW! I just do! I LIKE IT!" He screamed at me, his fits clenching.

At that same moment, a shrill scream sounded through the night. I quickly spun my head towards the house and saw a jumble of two shadows inside the girl's room. What were they doing?!

Not thinking, I ran towards the house and burst through the front door. Who leaves their house unlocked in the middle of the night. It was obvious that this girl lived alone, but Why? I hurried up the steps. Toby ran after me but I was one step ahead.

Bursting through a white wooden door, I saw Mask and Hoodie dragging the girl's dead body across the floor of her room. Screaming, I backed out of the room, falling back on Toby who came up behind me.

Toby's arms locked around my body, trying to keep me still. "Stop, Jackass! Let me go!" I screeched, twisting and wrathing again him.

That's when I felt a gloved hand come up and cover my mouth, silencing me.

"Listen, I don't know Why you are acting like this. You know who we are and what we do. Get over it because this is your life now, do you hear me? Stop acting like a child." Toby's voice rang softly next to my ear.

I squeezed my eyes tight and stopped struggling. After a minute, Toby released me but I didn't move. My mind wouldn't shut off. Images of the girl flashed through my head. Her head was bashed in on the side as if someone tackled her into something hard. Blood soaked her blonde hair and her face was frozen in a silent scream. It must've been a quick death...

"Are you okay?" Masky's voice rang through my bead but I didn't respond.

"Maybe you shood take her back, Toby." Hoodie suggested.

I guess He didn't protest because I felt a hand on my shoulder and was soon being led out of the house.

The night air sent yet another chill up my spine but it didn't bother me much. It wasn't long til I felt the feeling of the leaves and branches under my feet. The hand on my shoulder tightened and I felt Toby let out a long breath.

"Kacie, I- " He began but I interrupted him.

"You don't have to say anything; I get it. You are killers; Plain and simple. I don't know what I was thinking." I laughed a little and looked up at the cloudless sky, the moon was probably making my blue eyes shine brightly.

"What do you mean?" He looked over at me.

"Hm?" I looked back and raised my eyebrows. His pale face shown bright in the moonlight, I wonder how I looked.

"W-W-What you were thinki-ing." His mouth covering moved slightly as He stuttered.

"That you guys were different."

"What's wrong with being different than you thought? Isn't it good to learn about the people you know?"

"Well...I suppose, but that doesn't matter. Toby, you and everybody in that Goddamned house kill people. What's going to happen to me? Will I have to start killing? Or will I get killed myself?" I explained, trying not to sound mean.

"Kacie, out here, it's either kill or be killed. I'm telling you. Me, Masky, and Hoodie are the nice ones. You and I both know that everyone else would rather kill you right now. You have to earn your place." Toby looked off into the trees, making sure we were headed in the right direction as He explained.

"But I don't want to! That's my point. I was dragged into this by force. I didn't choose this!" I couldn't help but raise my voice slightly.

"None of us chose this!" Toby quickly returned, his voice raised, too. "HE chose US."

I widened my eyes a bit, my actions slamming me in the face. I have been a complete, selfish bitch the entire time and those three were in the same boat. They just finally accepted it. I looked away. "But I can't accept it so easily."

Surprisingly, I felt arm wrap around me again, but in an embrace. Toby was hugging me. "It'll b-b-be okay. I-I promise."