Chapter Eighteen

The wind blew my black hair around my face, blurring by vision, but I didn't care. I never returned back to Slenderman's house and night had come. No one came looking for me. I still had Jeff's hoodie, however, and he's bound to come for it soon. Maybe That's what I'm waiting on.

I missed them, my parents. And, as crazy as it seems, I even Miss Jace; that wanna-be rockstar asswipe. I shuffled my feet and sat down on a nearby rock. There were no clouds in the sky and enough leaves had fallen to let the full moon shine through. It caused an eerie blue-white glow on everything; beautiful in a way.

What has happened to me? I was once a seemingly normal girl, then we moved here..wherever here is. I never even bothered to ask where we were moving to. Stupid, right? I know.

Why did my parents drop the search for me and leave? 'Cause of fucking Slenderman and all the rest of those fucking freaks! Knowing my parents, when Jace told them about me escaping my bedroom with some strange man sent them over the edge and they left to save themselves. What a waste...

I put by head in my hands and sat there, motionless, until I heard something brush against me. I snapped my head up, surprised, to see Smile sitting beside me, looking at me. He licked my hand when I noticed him. "Hey, boy," I said, patting his head. "I haven't seen you in a while. Where you been?" He just licked me in response. I guess a demon dog has a life, too.

Smile lay by my feet and fell asleep. Hmmm... such a strange, loving dog. I scratched behind his ears before yawning and stretching, I was tired, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back just yet.

It wasn't long after Smile showed up, that a shirtless Jeff waltzed out of the bushes nearby; He must have been following Smile. Why his shirt was off, I don't know but by earlier question wasn't unsatisfied. He wasn't exactly muscular, but He was toned, get it? His skin was white like the rest of him and scars littered all across his body. He was a very thin man, almost lanky. "Why are you half naked? Aren't you cold?"

He crossed his arms and shrugged. "I sort of..lost my shirt, but that's why I came back for you."

I was confused for a moment then realized that he meant he came back for his hoodie. "Don't you have other ones?"

"Why would I? I don't need a fancy wardrobe, Princess." He grunted and held his hand out.

"What? Why are you holding your arm out like a bum?" I asked, his face twisted in anger for a moment before he pinched the bridge of his nose and slumped down next to me on the ground. I guess he wanted me to give up his warm hoodie that easily.

"Slendershit is going crazy looking for you." He mumbled.

"Why can't he find me? I thought he was 'All-Powerful'?" I asked, confused.

Jeff sighed. "You haven't fully agreed to be his proxy."

"I haven't agreed at all to be his proxy."

"Yes, but, you did agree to stay there." He pointed out.

"Well, I kind of have to now. I have no where to go!" My sudden outburst caused Smile to jump up and stand guard. He was probably trained to be on guard at sudden noises. I patted his head to calm him down, my hand getting slightly stick from the blood that stuck to his coat. "Jeff," I whispered. "What's going to happen to me now?"

"Kacie, I can't promise you anything, but I do know that you will be safer here with Slenderman than anywhere else right now." He stood up and looked down at me. "Let's go back, kid."

"I'm not a kid, I'm eighteen." I groaned And stood anyway.

Jeff smiled, well, he's always smiling, but this was a real smile. "You may be eighteen, but I'm older." He groaned and walked off, Smile following. I smiled and shook my head and eventually followed him,too.

-----------

Hey, everyone! Could you guys do me a huge favor and read my new story 'The Wolf Welcomes The Sheep'? I think you'll like it. ;)

Anyways, thanks for reading, new chapters coming up soon!