Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

It's not everyday that you have a band of killers wake you up screaming happy birthday. My eyes opened slowly and focused on three figures leaning over the back of the couch, smiling; Masky, Hoodie, and Toby. "How did you guys know it was my birthday?" I said tiredly, stretching my body like a cat.

"Slenderman told us." Hoodie said, pulling a cupcake from behind him. A single, blue candle was protruding from the middle of the white icing and chocolate cake.

"Make a wish." Masky said, his brown eyes gleaming.

I held the cupcake with both hands, closed my eyes, and took a breath. Blowing out the candle, I did wish.

"So?" Toby asked after a moment of silence. "What'd you wish for?"

I looked up at him and met his eyes. They were brown, Nothing special, but I saw a shine I had never seen before. "If I told you that, then it won't come true."

A smile tugged at his lips and He looked away to acknowledge the New person in the room. It was Slenderman.

"Happy birthday, Child." His voiced boomed through the room. He stood with his hands clasped behind his back, wearing his usual clean-cut suit.

"Thanks, Slendy." I smiled at him before turning to the other three. "Would any of you like my cupcake? I don't eat many sweets." Masky grabbed it and ran, Toby chasing him, their boots creating a loud thud with each step. I took a breath when we were alone.

"Slendy, I need to see my parents." I said, looking up at him to see his reaction;which was pretty pointless. He just looked back at me, hands behind his back. "Slendy?"

After a few minutes of awkward silence, I heard his voice cut through the air. "Very well. Jeffery will escort you."

"I told you not to call me that!" Jeff's voiced boomed from a room nearby, soon walking in with a grimace on his face.

"Why do I need a fucking escort?" I asked.

"Because I cannot risk you escaping me." And with that, He vanished.

I sighed and groaned before grabbing Jeff's sleeve and practically dragging him out behind me.

He cleared his throat and plucked my hand off his hoodie. "You do realize you are still wearing your pajamas, right?"

I had kept walking but stopped and look down at myself. Sure enough, I was still wearing my traditional black tank top and purple shorts. Mentally kicking my ass, I trudged on. "I don't really care."

"You must be cold." He said just as I felt the chill hit me. I shivered. "Here." He said, and soon, I felt him pull something down over my head.

Looking down, I saw it was his hoodie. It smelt of blood, lemon, and boy. It's warmth shrouded my body and I pushed my arms through. I looked at Jeff. He had worn a black T-shirt underneath that was ripped in several places. "Aren't you cold?" I asked, confusion in my voice.

"Nah." His voice came out low and raspier that usual. "I'm used to being cold. I used to sleep wherever I could, fighting the cold, before I found this place...or rather, when He found me." He stopped and looked at me, his never-blinking eyes staring into my soul.

Without thinking, I reached up and touched his hair. He flinched as if I were to hit him. I let my hand drop. "Sorry." I muttered and began walking in the direction of my house. "How did he find you?"

He shoved his white, scarred hands into his pants' pockets and shrugged. "I was just walking in a park late  a few years. He was just..standing there under a light pole. It was some creepy shit to be honest with you."

I laughed then. "I didn't think any thing could creep out someone like you." I stepped around a  fallen log.

He seemed to slow down, his body leaning. He was very thin but you could see veins popping out in his arms from the muscle tone. I wonder what it must look like underneath his shirt...

"You okay?" He snapped his fingers in my face.

"Huh, Oh." I looked to my right and saw a break in the trees. My house must be over there. Me and Jeff sauntered over and I looked through. My house was there, just as I had left it with one exception. No one lived there.

I stepped out into the clearing, tears welling up in my eyes. "They left me." I whispered, my hands closing into tight fists, I could feel the blood trickle down from the broken skin caused by my nails. I was angry and sad, but mostly angry. "They gave up looking for me and left. But it's only been two weeks!" I yelled.

Jeff came up beside me, hands in his front pockets, his body leaning Again. He didn't say anything, only glance my way. His expression was unreadable.

I looked at the house Again. Mom's curtains were gone, showing empty rooms, and Dad's car was gone. "Slenderman knew about this. Didn't He?"

..."Yes."

"And so did you?"

..."Everyone knows."

I didn't say anything, just turned away from him and the house and walked back in the woods.

------

Hey guys, It's the author here! I would like to Tell you all that I appreciate every single one of my readers. I never though so many people would like this story. That being said, since you all are enjoying this story, I am starting a New one. It's a Jeff the Killer story. I'm not sure when it'll be up but the more people interested in reading it, the faster it'll be up, so please, please give feedback. <3

Love you all,
Makayla