Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

"What happened to you?" Hoodie asked, putting an ice pack over my nose.

"I fell from a two story window...again." I said but my words were muffled and nasally. "Is it broken?"

Hoodie sighed. "No, but it's definantly bruised and will be for a few days."

"Well, then what do I tell the others if they ask what happened?"

"Just...tell them you ran into a wall or something. You can cover some with makeup, that I'm sure of." He said, shrugging.

I sighed and hopped off the bathroom counter. Turning around and looking in the mirror, I saw that my nose was an array of reds and purples. "God, I hope some of this will go away over night." I whispered to myself. I touched it lightly and cringed; it hurt.

I looked at Hoodie, who was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. "Where am I going to sleep? I am not going back down in the room I woke in."

He didn't answer me for a minute. "Well, you could always sleep in our room."

Sleep in a room full of boys? "Uh, sure. I have no other place. But where? There are only three beds." I reminded.

"Uh, well, you could sleep with, uh, one of us. Heh." He looked away from me nervously.

I softened. "Sounds good. Let's go." I met his eyes through his knit mask and left the bathroom and carefully made my way to their room. I slammed myself down onto one of the beds, not caring whose it was and fell asleep.

-

"H-Hey." I felt someone whisper, poking me on my face. "M-Move o-o-over." The stuttering could only mean one thing. I was in Toby's bed. But why is he only just now waking me? I can feel that it's late at night.

"Look, I-I had to stay out late d-doing stuff for Slendy and I'm fucking t-tired. Move." He said more forcefully.

I groaned slightly. Well, that answers my questions. Half asleep, I rolled over to the right, towards the wall. I felt the blankets move and Toby slid next to me, his warmth making me heat up. I was still wearing the clothes I wore earlier but I could still feel that he was shirtless. Pants? That's questionable.

God, stop it, Kacie. I took a breath and relaxed myself. Being in bed next to a shirtless guy is not that big of a deal.

But, I do wonder what he looks like shirtless. Dare I turn over and sneak a peak? I have no idea if he's asleep or not so I'll have to play it off as if I'm moving in my sleep. With this is mind, I turned over with my back against the wall in a way that felt relaxed and sleepily.

This is it, open your yes.

And I did. To Toby staring back at me.

I jumped out of surprise and blushed out of embarrassment. I felt him chuckle. Did...Did he know I was trying to..No, it was just a coincidence.

"You're a funny one, Kacie. Goodnight." Toby whispered and he relaxed on his back. The covers were pushed down around his torso so half of his upper body was showing. I couldn't help but look at him through squinted eyes so it appeared to look like I was asleep.

This guy didn't have one inch of fat on his body. He had muscles but they weren't OHMAHGOD muscles. He had also took off his goggles and mouth covering. Scars were scattered across his face and upper chest area but they were small and light. His hair lay messy against the pillow and shielded half his face. It's safe to say that he looked adorable.

I've never gawked at a boy like this, let alone be laying in bed next to one so this was a weird feeling. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I sighed and fully closed my eyes and silently fell asleep for the second time.

-

I woke up to a bright light shinning in my face. Great...sunlight.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauties!" I heard Masky sing out to me and whoever else. I stirred slightly and realized I was being held in place by a pair of arms. Oh my God, did Toby cuddle me in his sleep?!

"Ah!" I yelled as I yanked free and fell over him, landing on the floor. Doing this caused Toby to fall too so he landed on top of me. "Toby, get off!"

I felt him scramble on top of me. "Hold on, let me get up!"

Ah, why did I get caught in this situation?! I pushed myself backwards on the carpet and took a breath. "What time is it?" I asked, looking up at a fully dressed Hoodie.

"Ten-thirty."

"Where's my bag?"

"In the corner."

"Hand it to me please?"

Masky tossed the bag to Hoodie who handed it to me.

I thanked them and dug in the bag for some new clothes and a fresh pair of underwear. I gathered all that I needed and took a shower in the bathroom a few doors down. Upon getting out, I put on fresh undies, an old Rolling Stones t-shirt and plain white skinny jeans. I squeezed and dried out my dreads and combed my wavy wet hair up into a ponytail but letting the dreads hang. I didn't bother with makeup because I didn't bring any except for some mascara.

Barefoot, I trotted down the wooden stairs and was greeted by the sound of video games in the den, reminding me of my brother, and the smell of bacon. Following my stomach, I went into the kitchen and saw Jeff cooking the bacon I smelt.

"Funny. I didn't take you as the cooking type." I said, leaning on the counter next to him.

He glared his unblinking eyes at me and scoffed. "Yeah, well, here, you fend for yourself. No one does anything for anybody. That includes food."

"Well, Hoodie, Masky, and Toby have done alot for me. More than necessary." I said, proving him wrong. I saw his hand on the skillet tighten. So that's what makes him tick.

"They're just humans." He said lifelessly.

"So are you."

And then there was a knife at my throat. "Look, you little bitch, I can kill you right here, right now. Don't test my patience."

I stepped back so the knife wasn't at my throat. "And you need to work on your anger issues."

He gritted his teeth and resumed cooking. A few moments later, he spoke. "Would...Would you like some bacon?" His voice came out dry and gravelly.

"What happened to 'no one does anything for anybody'?" I pestered just to tick him off.

"I said don't test my patience." He threatened.

I held my hands up in defeat. "Alright, alright, I'll back off. It's just fun to mess with you, Jeff. Don't be so uptight."

Jeff glared again and pulled two plates from the cupboard. He then split the quantity of bacon onto the plates and handed one to me before sulking out of the room.

Munching on an amazing piece of heaven, I thought: What was that all about?