Chapter Ninteen

Jeff led me back to the house in silence, the only noise audible was the sound of the leaves crunching under our feet. The house came into view shortly and all the lights were on, which is unusual for this place. I didn't really want to go inside, but I had to.

Going inside, I saw Masky first, but He didn't have on his mask like usual. He was leaning against a wall with a clipboard in his hands and a cigarette in his mouth. He looked up when I came into view and his eyes lit up. "Kacie! Where have you been?" His mouth moved around his cigarette.

I shrugged. "Oh, you know, wandering around." I leaned next to him on the wall. I don't know where Jeff went to, I guess to do what Jeffs do.

He looked at me. "That Isn't safe, you know? Boss Isn't going to like that." His gaze returned to the clipboard in his hands.

"Ah, who cares? He can't control me, not in the way He wants to anyway. What's on the clipboard?" I changed the subject.

"Just stuff ol' Slendy wants done before morning. Me, Brian, and Toby are about to head out soon if you want to tag along."

"After last time? Yeah right." I laughed and waited a minute before asking: "You called him Brian? I thought you all went by your persona name."

He seemed to falter a little on this. "Well, me and him go way back. Back before all of this happened, or, at least took affect. I call him Brian sometimes and He calls me Tim, which your welcome to call me by the way. It is my name."

"What do you mean 'took affect'?"

I seen his jaw tighten. "Well, big guy has been following me ever since I was a kid, driving my Mom to put me in different mental hospitals for treatment because She didn't know what was wrong with me. Then, just as I was getting better around my freshman year of college, I got bad again. That time...that time He won and He got Brian, too." A blank look seemed to glaze across his dark brown eyes.

"A-Are you okay, Tim?"

My question seemed to snap him back to reality and He smiled. "I'm fine, Kacie. That happened so long ago."

I still felt that his past was bothering him. "You know, Tim, you can talk to me about anything. I can Tell you're bothered by your past and I think That's okay, but everyone needs someone who has their back."

He smiled and looked at me, a certain gleam in his eye. "You're a good person, Kacie. Thank you." That's when He reached out and hugged me tight. We stood there for a moment before He whispered in my ear: "You smell like Jeff."

I started laughing and pushed him off, him laughing, too. Hoodie and Toby just turned the corner and I silently let out a sigh of relief, they'd give us hell if they saw us hugging.

"C'mon Masky, the big guy wants us to go out tonight." Toby said, grabbing his goggles from the rack near us and slipping them on.

Hoodie was pulling on his mask when Jeff came back in with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong, dude?" Masky asked.

"Slendy told me to tell you that it's best for you to stay in tonight." Jeff replied.

"But he just told us to go out-" Toby started but was interrupted by Jeff.

"I know but he told me differently." Jeff then looked at me and then back at the rest of them. What was going on?