Chapter Sixteen

I've been thinking about how Toby acted towards me the other day. His touch was so tender and gentle. I had never seen him like that before.

The incident as the hospital was reported to Slenderman but I don't think anyone mentioned my reaction to that dead woman. I don't know what to think about any of these people I'm around with anymore. Should I trust them? Or will they just kill me once they realize I am useless?

"Candy?" A scratchy voice came from behind the couch. I jumped and turned around to see Jack(the Laughing one) holding out scattered pieces of different candies.

I gave him a look. "They won't kill me, will they?"

He laughed, smiling big. Imagine a huge spiky-toothed grin, much like a shark. "No, no. You just...seemed a bit down...is all."

"Oh." I picked up one candy that I remembered from mg childhood. It was those strawberry candies that was wrapped like a strawberry. They always seemed to appear around Christmas ...Unwrapping the candy, I popped it into my mouth.

Jack crawled over the black leather couch, his long lanky body making it difficult to balance himself so He didn't fall. Once He sat next to me, He said: "What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I'm fine, Jack. But, It was nice of you to ask me." I said, obviously lying. I hope He doesn't notice.

"I can tell you are a liar."

Shit.

"Jack, I-" I started but He stopped me.

"You don't have to say anything, I understand." His voice was low and husky but also high pitched at the same time. It was a voice that would haunt you. "You don't trust me."

I didn't speak for a moment. But then I said: "I don't trust anyone. Any of you could kill me before I could render what was happening. I'm scared and confused. I don't know where my life is going to go past this point."

He didn't say anything while I spoke, but chewed on a piece of candy, listening. Just like the rest, besides Jeff, he's kind under the surface. But that still doesn't change the fact of what they are.

When He swallowed He said: "You know, you just need to relax."

"What?"

"Relax. You are over thinking yourself. Calm down and get to know the people around you. We aren't as bad as we may seem." He spoke gently, seemingly out of character. I have this feeling He doesn't speak like this often.

"Like you?" I asked, smiling a bit.

He looked away and smiled. "Yes, I guess so."

We sat there in awkward silence before I spoke up. "So, What's your story?"

He seemed surprised by my request. He rubbed the back of his head. "Ah..Well, It happened a long, long time ago. There was a boy who never had a friend, so I gave myself to him as a gift. One day, we had done something bad, causing his Mother to send him away. I didn't see him for thirteen years, trapped in the box I had came in; it was an old, antique Jack-In-The-Box. Slowly..." He paused. "S-Slowly I..became different. My once bright and happy colors morphed into a sea of blacks, greys, and white."

I waited for him to continue but He did not. "Is that all?"

He shook his head. "N-No, when the boy came back He was much older and seemed to had forgotten all about me. So I sat there in my box, watching him for what seemed like forever. Then, He brought home a beautiful woman, drunk of course, as was He. Well, That's when the boy tried to have sex with her but..but She didn't like it. She slapped him and in his drinks rage, He began to hit her. Soon, He had brutally murdered her and made her body into a chair. He liked his work and began doing this to numerous men and women, and my favorite, children." He smiled sadistically as He said children. It sent a chill down my spine.

"Go on." I swallowed.

"Back then, I thought it was all a game. A very, very fun game." Yep, there's that smile again. "He spotted my box one night and set me free once again." He began to laugh as He recalled the events. "I wanted to play with him again so, so I, I did. But this time, I won." He laughed and laughed, holding himself as He did.

"You..you killed him." I gasped, understanding.

"Oh, Oh yes, Kacie. I did it and it was so fun I..I want to do it again." He looked at me, a gleam crossed his eye as He laughed before disappearing, leaving behind a mist of blackness.

-

I sat in the kitchen, leaning on my fist, waiting for my food. Yawning, I stretched out a little. "Thanks a lot, Jeff." I said in the middle of my yawn.

It was near 2 a.m and Jeff was covered with fresh blood, but I had woken up from the couch to the clatter of pans in the kitchen. Jeff was fucking cooking after coming home from killing someone. Not even bothering to wash up! At first I was disgusted but the rumbling in my stomach shut me off at the smell of Bacon, eggs, and biscuits. He offered to cook for me too, since He woke me up.

"What's with you and breakfast foods? Well, cooking in general. You're being uncharacteristicly nice." I asked, finally fully waking up and thinking about the situation.

He glared at me. "I just like to cook, alright? Must I have a reason other than I'm starving? I'm telling you, there's no food better to eat after bloodshed than Bacon. You'll know one day." He said in his low, scruffy voice.

"Why is everyone so fucking dead set on me killing people?!" I burst, suddenly angry. I was getting tired of this.

"You'll know one day." He repeated, not looking at me. He flipped over the Bacon and the opened the open to pull out the biscuits. It was funny to watch him put on an oven mitten.

"I thought I smelled something frying." A voice rang out from the living room. A body stepped out of the shadows and into the kitchen. It was...the boy with the blue mask. Isn't He the one who they call Eyeless Jack? I've heard him mentioned but this is the first time I've seen him.

"Hey, EJ. Finally back?" Jeff asked, not even looking at him.

"Yeah." He said with no emotion, staring at me. "Who is that?" His voice came out low and menacing.

Jeff glanced at me, then back at Jack before putting the food onto three separate plates. "Here EJ, you must be hungry." He pushed the plate down the counter towards him. "And That's Kacie."

EJ looked down at the food and back at Jeff. "Are you an idiot?"

Jeff looked alarmed before grabbing the plate back and split what was on it between me and him. "Sorry, buddy. Had a moment there."

"I'm so confused." I said with a mouth full of food.

EJ turned towards me and pulled off his blue mask and let down his black Hood. His skin was a sickly dark grayish color and his eyes were indeed gone, with some sort of black liquid oozing slowly down his face. His hair was dark brown, it's length reaching his shoulders. He smiled, showing me his sharp teeth. He stepped closer to me, talking ominously. "I only eat internal organs, but my favorite is the kidney." He leaned forward, getting right in my face. "Can I have yours?"

I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed his face away. Some of the black goo stuck to my hand, however. It was thick, gooey, and slimy  almost like watered-down jello. I quickly wiped the shit off on my shirt, not caring since it was an old black tank top.

EJ laughed and patted Jeff on the back before hugging his neck. Jeff just stood there, seeming annoyed, but still chewing on the food He had made. "Have you missed me, Jeffey?"

Jeff elbowed him and pushed away. "Get off me, you freak."

EJ was holding his rib cage, laughing. Then, He got up and slung his arms around Jeff, hugging him, causing them to fall in the process.

They were wrestling around on the kitchen floor when I figured it was time to leave. I stood, put my dishes in the sink and turned to walk out. "Goodnight, boys! Tell me how it was in the morning!" I couldn't help but throw in a Gay joke.

"No! S-Stop! H-Help me, Kacie!" I heard Jeff scream as I walked away.