Currently playing the damsel in distress

Let’s talk about the definition of embarrassment.
If you search it up in Google it will probably come out with a photo of my forehead and a huge red mark that the butt of the gun left me with and the whole video of how fast I fall on the ground. Just like that. Ptup! Down on the cold ground, left in the mercy of God knows what.

Am I being dramatic?

Pshhhh!

Of course. That’s my specialty.

But I have every right too, so shut up.

“You’re forehead is red.” Knox sat in front of me in his black kitten form and titled is head like trying to mess with me looking cute and all. But I know everything about the dude. I know he is enjoying this more than he should. He wanted to laugh.

“Really?” I asked sarcastically. “I thought the lipstick I applied on my forehead was pink.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault you got mugged.” Have you seen a kitten frown? It’s freaking adorable. I can’t stay mad at something cute.

Wait…

He is doing this on purpose, isn’t he?

“And what did you do while I got mugged?” I threw my arms in the air, clearly annoyed with the events of the day.

“Tried not to laugh.” Payback for the sarcasm. That little…. Ugh!

“Did you at least saw who it was?” I got up from the street, brushing off the dust from my ripped jeans, and my dark blue t-shirt. I had a few scratches on my arms, and my knees but nothing major, so I can say I was fine. My head on the other hand, is a total different story. It freaking hurts and it’s RED!!! Like it is trying to tell everyone I got mugged that easily.

I steal things myself. I shouldn’t get mugged that easily. It kind of hurts my pride. The mugger get mugged. Better kill me.

“The same dude the cyclopes were following in the begging.”

Perfect. The dude handed me the necklace, made five cyclopes follow me, and then when I cleared the way, he took the necklace and gave me a headache. A “thank you” card would be lovely. But no! He gave me a headache!!!

“Wonderful.” Knox jumped on my shoulder. “Why didn’t you try to stop him?”

“Angus, you already have enough problems. Besides he just took the necklace. Those whispering things never brought anything good.”

“I hate you when you think like a wise old annoying man.” I smiled and petted his head. Since he hates it when I dot that, he bit my hand, but not too much. More like “Yom!”… something like that.

I had been unconscious in the middle of the alley for like fifteen minutes, less than ten feet away from still screaming cyclopes. Thankfully they were to busy dealing with their frying brains to kill me or something, but it was a little heartless from the dude to just leave me there.

“Let’s go home.. I need to sleep.” I muttered and walked towards the metro.

It was getting dark, which meant Jett would put in use the stick again. Could I get any more lucky?
The streets were almost empty. People don’t like the idea of being outside when it gets dark. Even though most of the magical creatures still live in forests, and the cities are usually protected very well during the night in case of a sudden attack of angry trolls or aigamuxas (human-like creatures with eyes on their feet, to sum up they are ugly too. Like most of the magical creatures really. It’s kind of disturbing how ugly the world is), but however, being super careful never hurts.

The underground station was empty.

Not a living creature was anywhere around. I could see a few ghosts of the past janitors that used to work down here, but like I said. Not a living creature.

“I don’t like this silence.” Knox muttered and hid his face behind my white hair. His cold little nose touching my neck.

“It’s okay.” I took him from my shoulder and kept it in my arms, half trying to give him a comforting hug, but also because I felt better having him in my hands. To know he was there, where I could see him and protect him if necessary. “It’s just dark…”

I heard a shifting sound behind me, and something breathing on my left.

Did I mention I have really good senses?

No?

Well you know now.

“There is someone here.” Even in my mind, I barely heard Knox saying that. He was scared. And I actually couldn’t blame him for that. But I was tired, and not in mood to deal with anything else for like a century or more.

The train would be here in two minutes, but I was hearing footsteps as well, getting closer and I wasn’t sure we had two minutes. “Everything will be alright.” I thought, trying to comfort Knox and myself while I was at it.
My body tensed as I felt a warm breathe on the back of my neck. My reflexes hit in time, but it ended up with me dropping Knox off my hands (thankfully cats fall on their feet) and flying a fist towards the face of whoever it was.

My knuckles hit a cheekbone so hard, they started to bleed and I wasn’t sure if I should be thankfully for actually hitting the whoever. The person fell on the ground groaning in pain, but before I could celebrate my minor victory, a Tiberian tiger jumped on me roaring dangerously close to my face.

I didn’t have the chance to scream, as Knox changed again in the Amarok form and bit the tigers neck, taking him off me. Things went fast after that.

As it came out, there were more than just one person. There were like six (I had no luck with the numbers today) and they all jumped on me. More tigers appeared from nothing, and jumped on Knox to come in help to the first tiger.

I don’t know for you, but after seeing my spiritually linked bro under six tigers, I kind of snapped. I had had enough in just two day. And now getting kidnapped was the last thing in my bucket list, and I couldn’t tolerate all of this. If you think I didn’t have energy enough to deal with my kidnappers after fighting five cyclopes… you’re right. You’re so God damn right, I knew I was doomed… again (cue the rolling of my eyes).

“Angus!” Knox screamed.

“Knox!” I yelled helplessly.

For some reason, my eyes turned into black again, but this time I didn’t go in Chuck Norris mode. Instead I started to mutter things I have no idea I knew. The words came out of my mouth. To me they were all meaningless. They were in a total different language, that I have no ideas it existed. All I knew, is that it made my lovely kidnappers back off confused.

The temperatures fell, wind blew furiously all around the place, and before anyone had time to react, it started to rain…. Underground…. It was freaking raining underground. Then a lightning stroke near the place where the tigers were still sitting on Knox who was changing from animal to animal trying to escape but no luck. The lightning scared the hell out of the tigers making them run away.

Knox changed back into an Amarok and ran towards me.

And that’s when I fainted again.