Status: Currently dying of boredom

“Where the hell are we going to find Afanasy?” As always I was clueless. And everyone ignored me. Aves was discussing something with Milo. Riven was literally jumping up and down while talking to Darius in a very exciting tone, while Nova, being the grumpy Sunshine of the group was just walking ahead of us, not paying attention to anyone. I was left behind.

A heavy sigh left my lips as I shook my head.

“How are you supposed to be useful without Rodor? You can at least use his powers, his memories.” Knox wasn’t very fond of my decision on refusing to have anything to do with Rodor, expect having him living in me. But I had made up my mind. I was going to prove to Nova, to everyone I’m not a looser.

“By training hard and praying a lot. Mostly praying. Hopefully God will answer my prayers.” I thought and rushed next to Nova. She ignored me at first, but you just can’t ignore a person like me. I’m just… too annoying to be ignored.

“Hello Sunshine.” I smiled at her, trying to ignore the glaring white snake around her neck. Seriously Pantheon? I’m just talking to her. Not killing her.

Obviously, Nova didn’t answer. Just kept walking and didn’t even glance at me.

“So, how are you today?” Nothing again.

“Quit already.” Knox murmured bored in my head.

“I thought you’re her fan.”

“I am.” Knox looked down at me upside down, since he was sitting on my head again. “But I need you alive.”

“She won’t kill me.” I protested. “So, Sunshine...” I turned to Nova again, but I couldn’t finish talking as she turned to me suddenly, taking me off guard, glaring at me like she wanted to burn me alive. And that was scary coming from the Keeper of the Ancient of Darkness. Out of reflex, I stepped back, but then rolled my eyes and grinned at her. “Get over it. I won’t stop calling you Sunshine, Sunshine.”

“You’re asking to die.” Her voice was angered, which confused me, because it’s not like I did something to anger her. Annoy her? Yes. But anger her to this point? Of course not.

“Nah. Just trying to have a lovely conversation with my favorite girl in the group.” The grin played on my lips playfully, but I tried to hide my amusement when I noticed a hint of blush on her face when I said that.

“I thought I was your favorite girl in the group.” Riven jumped at my back with a pout on her face.

“You don’t count. You’re like a sister. A little, too happy all the time who can’t sit still for a minute, sister.” I patted her head and messed her blonde hair.

Riven gave me a playful glare and walked back to Darius. I know I said I didn’t want to have anything to do with Rodor’s feelings and memories (even though the memories are important), but I just couldn’t brush away the way I feel towards Riven. I didn’t even want to brush it away. She really felt like a sister to me. So suddenly, even with just a couple of days knowing her. It just felt right.

Nova rushed forward as I was talking with Riven, but I noticed the blush on her cheeks darken a little bit more. Now, who is that idiot who wouldn’t tease her further?

I am an idiot. But not that much.

“So Sunshine,” I reached her again, and totally forgetting about Pantheon around her neck, I threw my arm around her shoulders. Immediately, the others gasped and started to murmur to each other. Just get used already. I’m not Rodor to be a jerk to Nova only because our Ancients had misunderstandings between them in the past.