Don't judge people by their voice

What I felt when I saw the so wanted treasure was nausea. I felt Rodor’s joy of triumph and nothing had made me feel more sick than that.

You didn’t win you freaking son of a half-troll.

What I, as Angus, felt was the total opposite. I didn’t want to find the treasure. I wanted to be miles away from it. It had caused me more problems than anything in my life. Even before I even know that there was a treasure. I had risked my life, turned into a thief because of it. It had made me question my sanity. Hearing voices and all... I had more voices in my head than anyone else… now I have only Rodor’s voice…

But stepping into that cave was like stepping into insanity. Millions of voices screaming and whispering at the same time to me. Take me. Hold me. Come to me.

My head pounded and couldn’t handle it.

“It doesn’t like the place.” Darius said, covering his ears which was pretty much a stupid thing, since the voices were in his head and not out.

“Since when objects have feelings?” Riven raised her voice annoyed.

“Yeah, since when?” I repeated.

Aves walked towards Nova, who had kneeled on the ground, arms above her head in a fatal position and pain in her eyes. He placed his hand on her shoulder and said something to her that I couldn’t quite hear. I didn’t feel comfortable with that small gesture. It didn’t feel right to me.

Could you please remove your hand slowly off the lady. The contact may cause serious damages to your face… probably…

Ugh.

“Guys… Where is Milo?” Darius asked. With panic rising inside of my stomach like some evil plant… like one of Jett’s carnivorous was eating me from inside. But what worried me more was the fact that it wasn’t all related to Milo’s disappearance. It was something else.

But the others didn’t look that worried. “Probably got lost in the gold.” Aves shrugged. “We will look for him later. Now we have to think about how will we get the treasure to the camp.”

“I will draw a portal to the camp.” Nova stood up. Theo next to her looked worried, and it wasn’t helping that stupid feeling in my stomach. He looked at me and now I had a snake glaring at me. Wonderful. “Riven, you look for the amplifiers.” Riven nodded and started searching immediately. “The others gather the treasure near the portal.”

“Nova…” I called her, but she gave me a cold stare, which shut me up.

“Go look for your amplifier, your majesty.” The bitterness in her tone was like a hammer hitting me somewhere near my chest.

Sighing, I just nodded and walked away wandering around the cave.

How was I supposed to know how my… well Rodor’s actually, amplifier looks like? No one told me anything about it. They just said I, as a Keeper, have an amplifier. Because that information is really valuable to find that God damn amplifier. Thank you very much.

“See anything?” I asked Xaxa jokingly. She shook her head. “Same here.”

After a few moments walking around the cave, I had left the others behind and the gold was getting rarer the more I walked, but I didn’t stop. There was something, like a faint whisper in the back of my head calling me.

That feeling in my stomach grew, but I ignored it and went after the voice.

And I really should stop walking towards voices because it never ends well for me, but when do I ever learn?

The voice took me to what looked like a room hidden carefully behind some rocks. The entrance was big enough to fit a crawling Afanasy with ease.