Falling is my hobby

Ugh, in hell with this.

“Nova!” I grabbed her dagger and followed her behind just to have her dagger thrown at me for the second time today.

Is this turning into a habit? I don’t like this habit. This girl has anger issues. Or really wants me dead. But no matter what’s the reason, something is for sure. It’s not healthy for me.

“Don’t.” She shouted and I felt like I had been slapped when I saw her eyes water. Okay WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. HELL.? TEARS? BLODDY TEARS? “Okay? Don’t. Leave me alone.”

And she sprinted away.

But before I could go for attempt no. 2 (of course I wasn’t going to just leave this. I had to make things right… and find out what I did wrong because, honestly? I have not a freaking idea), Afanasy called my name with a very excited tone that didn’t actually fit in the situation I was in right now.

“Sun is going down, boy. Time to go.” Yay….. I want to cry.

“Can this wait a little bit, I… have something to deal with…” I said my eyes fixed at Nova who now had slowed down and stepped near a tree. By her movements I knew she was wiping away the tears and composing herself so the others wouldn’t tell she cried. An other slap to my face.

Okay it’s getting annoying to get beaten up emotionally. I don’t need emotionally things now. Beating up from a parasite in me and literally from other creatures is enough. I don’t need this right now.

STOP CRYING!

“I can wait…” Afanasy said. “But the sun won’t.”
A heavy sigh escaped my lips and I gave Nova a last glance before looking at the golem. “You’re right. Let’s go.”

I called for the others to gather around Afanasy and watched in misery as Nova stayed as far away from me as possible. I wanted to go to her again, but stopped myself and didn’t look at her direction. Not the time Angus. Not the bloody time.

“How does this work?” I asked Afanasy to get my mind off whatever I had done to Nova to make her cry. Why are girls so confusing? Okay, I understand that it wasn’t my business and I made a mistake for forcing Aves to talk to her, but they worked things out. So what was her problem?

Ughhhh!

And Rodor can you stop freaking be happy, please? I’m trying to be frustrated, confused and sad. Your vibes of happiness are getting on the way.

And like always he didn’t hear. What a jerk.

“The portal to Soraaka can be opened only when the sun goes down… or the other way around.” Afanasy said kneeling on the ground and started to write gibberish forming a circle of words I have no idea how to read let alone tell the meaning, with a chalk that I didn’t notice he actually had in his hand. Actually the chalk was as big as me and I have no idea how I missed it but let’s say I wasn’t too concentrated on Afanasy at this point.

“And you’re writing poetry on the ground because…”

“It’s the key to open the portal.” Afanasy said closing the circle. “It’s the…”

“Language of the Ancients.” Riven finished looking at the circle with a huge smile. “But how do you know that? Can you speak it? Do you understand it?” And then she bombarded him with questions.

“Angus… this little thing is scaring me.” Afanasy stood up and away from Riven. He came closer to me in a way that looked suspiciously to me like he was trying to hide behind me. If a giant made of earth can actually do that.

“Riven calm down. You’re scaring the golem.” I said as the others laughed… expect Nova. Damn it Nova. Come on. Stop all of this. Pfft. “Can you answer her questions?” The question was for Afanasy who looked at Riven like it was a little scary spider and then nodded.