And the Prophecy found the time to start working

I’m pretty sure Milo farted on my mouth.

Why?

Well because I can’t see Aves doing such an immature thing since he loves playing the Dad part in our group and Darius is just… Wikipedia. Wikipedia doesn’t fart. It’s a known fact. And as for the girls? Girls are too shy to fart that openly... I think.

Oh yeah, that and the fact that my mouth tasted like someone had farted in my mouth.

Apparently becoming a shadow soul of your own body leaves a horrible aftertaste. No wonder why Rodor feels so angry all the time. My body was weak. The heck, my soul is weak. It feels… like its half is missing. Like half of my soul was cut off me. And it was painful. My heart ached. It was like I had fire burning my chest.

My eyes opened slowly. The sun fell on my face, but the world seemed gray. Even in all that storm, in all that dark sky and lightning stroking down, the world seemed more colorful.

Now… everything was grey.

Xaxa’s face blocked the sun, as she looked down at me with teary eyes. I sat up on the ground. Everyone was sitting around me, looking at me… waiting something from me. Sadness in their eyes. Pain in my chest.

Pain in my soul.

“What… what’s going on?” I was even scared to ask. The look in their eyes scared me. What scared me more was the way Nova was looking at me. Nova doesn’t act like this. Doesn’t look at me like that. She never had. My eyes teared up. “Guys…”

No.

Please, no.

Please.

Xaxa licked my face with her tiny pink forked tongue. Trying to comfort me.

“Where’s Knox?”

“I’m sorry, Angus.” Riven was the first one to speak. The others looked down.

No.

Please, please, no.

Not him. Not him. NO!

Without looking me in the eyes, Nova shifted closer to me, as Theo slithering towards me. With trembling hands, she touched mine gently, like I would break. Maybe I would.

This isn’t happening. It’s not. Knox is fine. I know he is. He…

I looked around to see him. Waiting for him to jump out of nowhere right into my head and look at me with his tiny head upside down. I was waiting to hear him sassing at me or complaining that he’s hungry… or about Xaxa. Even shout and yell at me. Or be angry at me.

I wanted to hear his voice in my head. Replying me.
Just to say “I’m fine”. Or just a simple “Hey”. Just a sound. A whisper. Anything.

But there wasn’t any response. There was silence in my head. Only my thoughts. And I swear to God, I never felt so lonely in my entire life.

“No.” My voice broke. Tears rolled down my cheeks. This isn’t real. He can’t be… gone. Not him. He can’t leave me. Not after all the things we have been through.

He… he’s my family…

And he’s gone. Not a single sign of him. Because that’s what happens to SLA when they die. They dissolve into dust taken by the wind. No body to bury. No signs of being alive in the first place.

I will never see him again… I…

My hands shook terribly and tears blurred my sight. He can’t be… gone. He would never leave me. Not like this. Not without a last word. Just… No!

I pushed Nova’s hand away from me. Shaking my head, I stood up even though there was barley any power and will left in me. She said nothing. She just sighed. A sad sigh. But what hurt me more was the look Aves gave me. Like he understood how I was feeling. And only now understood that he actually had been through this. He has felt this loss. He has lost half of his soul. Just like me.

“Angus.” Riven touched my shoulder. “We have to leave.”

Little did they know that I couldn’t leave.

Half of me died that day.

The sky will cry as life stops…

I died.

A.N: Shut it. I know. I'm a monster. I killed a kitten. Just zip it. I won't say there was a grand scheme and it was all planned out and Knox' death was necessary for what is going to happen later in the book, because that would be a lie.
So yeah.
I'm a monster.
At least I know that.