The wall is a pretty good company

You know what I hate?

Well if you don’t count the times when Jett promises me pancakes and then he disappears for a week, of course.

Minus that, I hate it when people fail to explain the situation. Take that magician for example. He told me he knew what was up with me and Knox and then spent hours to explain it because he was an idiot.

The same goes for Ophelia. She is beating around the bush and I hate it. You’re an Ancient. Why thank you lady, that explains everything.

I don’t even look that old. I’m pretty sure I’m still freaking sixteen and not sixty.

If it wasn’t enough for the situation to be super awkward because no one was talking, a small blue bird flew in the room through the window, chirping and all and it landed on Ophelia’s shoulder. She didn’t take her eyes off me, still glaring, but her expressions changed like she was getting bad news.

It took me a while to consider that the bird was talking to her, probably the same way Knox talks to me. Like it wasn’t enough the fact that I just realized she was like me, she also had a spiritually linked animal too.

“I’m kind of getting tired of this. Can somebody explain to me?” I asked annoyed.

“Can you shut up for a second?” The Lady spat at me which I found very rude.

A few minutes passed and I was really getting bored of watching Ophelia have a silent conversation with her bird. Aves was entertaining himself by staring at the angry girl who was petting the head of a snake I didn’t notice before, so I kind of assumed it had came in the room recently.

The snake had wrapped itself against her arm and her neck. Its head rested on the girl’s forearm and its eyes were closed, like it was sleeping. It was kind of terrifying how long the snake was and it was surprisingly white, in total contrast with the girl’s clothes and pretty much everything about her.

I noticed a few scars on the snake’s… well I’m not sure if I can say neck. The scars where close to the head and looked like were made by claws.

And your friend almost ripped off the neck of my tiger. She had told me.

This isn’t a tiger. It is a freaking scary snake.

“My lady.” Aves talked, probably getting as bored as I was. The girl scowled at what I assumed, the way he called Ophelia, but Aves ignored her. “What if I explain the situation to our… guest…” Go ahead. Say it. I’m a freaking hostage. I’m not even that valuable to be kidnapped. These guys are crazy. “And then we bring it back to you, so you can do…” He coughed, probably holding himself back from saying something he shouldn’t. “Whatever you have to do.”

Ophelia seemed a little unpleased with the idea, but then she just waved us off.

Aves touched my shoulders and pushed me lightly towards the door. “Come on, bro.” His tone was friendly, and honestly I appreciate that a lot. He was the only one this far who didn’t think about killing me. So thank you very much and sorry for calling you a brick wall. “You must be hungry. Let’s get you something to eat first.”

I love you man.

I don’t know for you, but I’m starting to really like this Aves guy.

After leaving The Lady’s room, we walked down the hallway until we reached a double metal door. The door opened as soon as we were close enough to it, revealing a huge cafeteria like the ones in schools.

The girl had disappeared with her snake as soon as we left Ophelia’s room. Even though I should be ashamed admitting it, I was relieved she wasn’t around anymore. The girl was scary and the snake didn’t help much.