One question: Why me?

Everything went black.

Okay I know this is usually how the chapters end, but anyway.

Everything went black. It was cold. We were falling into nothingness. And what made it worse were the whispers and the screams of what I was pretty convinced were ghosts. And I would be peeing in my pants if it wouldn’t be for Nova being there next to me, her hand in mine. Her grip was strong. Stronger than it should be. I looked towards her, to find her glowing lightly. It looked like the darkness broke around her. Didn’t touch her. She was keeping it away from her. But what surprised me was the fear in her face. Her eyes were shut tightly, and the strong grip made more sense now. She was scared.

Without thinking about it (okay I thought about it because she is a very scary girl when she wants, and Rodor was being a jerk), I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her waist, my face on her neck. It was the second time I hugged her. And I mentally prepared myself for the punch, or worse, the slap, but to my surprise she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight. “I’m here.” I whispered in her ear, but I wasn’t sure if she could hear me. The voices were too loud.

Suddenly everything became too bright and it felt like we jumped into light. But after my eyes got used to the light, I realized we were in the room we booked for Nova and Riven, who by the way jumped up from her bed, bumping her head against the wall as she screamed at the sight of me and Nova lied down on the ground. Really scary, I know.

Nova pushed me away immediately and stood up fixing her clothes, like what happened two seconds ago didn’t happen at all. Well… you’re welcome, Sunshine.

“You… you…” Riven could barely talk.

“Shadow traveled. Yeah I know.” Nova rolled her eyes. “We have to leave. Now.”

The girls grabbed their things which were only the coats and the backpacks, as I was still looking at Nova with a frown glued to my face. I had never seen her scared. And the fact that she covered it up immediately made this… I don’t know. It was like there was something wrong. Not because she was scared. Because everyone is scared at some point. Me for example. I’m scared all the time. But Nova… it was like she had been practicing covering up her fear for a long time and that’s what made me frown.

Apparently, she noticed me looking at her with what probably was a weird face because my face is usually weird. That’s what happens when you keep on making faces while you’re scream half of the time everyday. That or maybe I was born with it and didn’t notice it until Nova pointed it out to me. She glared at me. But still I could notice the fear in her eyes. Now that I knew how she looked when she was scared, I could notice it easier. But what I noticed in her face , was also the pleading look.

“Angus, please.” That was a wrong move. Why would you ask. Because it struck up on me that this was the very first time she had called me by my name and it made my body freeze. I don’t know why. Rodor wasn’t in mood. I didn’t care. People were about to kill us and for some reason I was panicking about our Sunshine here calling me by my name. Is the world coming apart? Are we all gonna die? 

“Yes if you don’t move.” Rodor snapped at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

“No need to be so moody.” Unfortunately I muttered at loud and that made Nova look hurt before she fixed me a glare. “I wasn’t talking to you. I was… nevermind. I’m crazy.” Let’s hope that fixed it all.

I opened the door slowly peeking my head out of it and glance at the hallway on the left and then right. I feel like James Bond. Where are the very expensive cars for me to blow up?

We ran quietly down the hallway. I entered my room to call Milo and wake up Knox as Nova and Riven would take care of Darius and Aves. We would meet up somewhere in the middle and after that I have no idea what will happen. I’m just hoping Nova has something in her mind. I mean I could come up with something too, but I don’t actually have anything in mind so… let the ladies save the day.