10: Future Queen Under the Mountain

After the eagles had landed and you successfully escaped a large bear-like creature who you now know is your host, the company settles in for the night.

The house you will be staying in is large, even larger than the ones owned by men.

You sigh as you look down at your disheveled clothing. Your light grey coat will be fine once it's washed and your leather belt and boots can be wiped clean, but your beautiful purple top has been stained and torn in multiple places. Your pants have large holes at your knees and won't offer much warmth or protection.

You drop your small pack of your remaining items and weapons in a quiet corner of the building. After removing your boots and belt, but still wearing your long coat, you slide your ripped pants off and replace them with a clean pair of soft grey ones. You fold your jacket and toss it to the side.

You unbutton your top and quickly replace it with a long forest green one that's fitted at the waist, but is loose and flowy at the bottom. It's long enough that you could wear it as a dress. You pull it over your head and attempt to put your arms in the correct sleeves. You fidget for a few minutes before giving up. You sigh, knowing you have - for the millionth time - failed to put on a shirt without getting stuck.

You feel a pair of soft hands on your hips, turning you around to face the owner. The fabric of your shirt is pulled up, away from your eyes. It falls gently by your sides. Your arms are directed into the correct sleeves. The neckline is smoothed out and pulled over your head. You open your eyes to see Fili standing in front of you. He picks up a matching green vest to go with your outfit. The hood is lined with fur.

"M'lady," Fili hold out the vest and gestures for you to hold out your arms.

He sets it on your shoulders and playfully pulls the hood down, over your eyes.

"Hey!" You laugh.

Fili crouches down and lifts the hood as if checking that you're still there.

He picks up your boots and begins to untie the laces. He puts the first boot gently on your foot. Fili pauses before putting on the second one. He looks inside the boot.

"Hold on (Y/N), there's something in this one," Fili reaches into the boot.

That's funny, I didn't notice anything. I would have felt if there was a rock in there or somethi-

Your train of thought is cut short. Fili kneels before you, pulling a shiny silver box from the shoe.

You gasp loudly. Clapping a hand over your mouth so forcefully your hood is knocked off your head, falling to your shoulders.

Fili's smile is so wide, you swear it reaches his ears. You notice the dimples standing radiantly on his cheeks - the ones you only get to see when he's at his happiest.

"(Y/N), I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. When I imagine myself being king in the future, I picture ruling Erebor beside you. When I become king, I want you to be my queen. (Y/N), my love, will you marry me?" Fili opens the box to reveal a beautiful silver and gold ring.

You nod your head up and down and through your waves of happy tears, you manage a "yes"

You wipe your eyes with your sleeve before rushing into Fili's arms, "A million times, yes!"

You kiss, before Fili takes your hand and places the ring on your finger.