Chapter 12

Lucy POV

"Luce?" I heard him question. Well, damn. What he gonna say? Probably something stupid. "Does this mean we're related?" Yep, he's an idiot. Dense AF. Well, I guess he didn't become alpha because of his brains.

"No, ya prick! If you payed attention to the classes we had as kids, you would know that Igneous and Anna never had children together, so by default, it's irrelevant! And also, it was so goddamn long ago, genetically wise, it wouldn't matter! Plus,  why do you care?" Levy questioned. Then she got this look on her face. Her eyes widened. She looked like she was gonna explode. Oh no, she can't... no....

"W-w-what? Uhh n-n-o re-eson... uhh heh." He responded, his face turned a shade of pink that matched his hair. "I got a meeting with, uhh ELFMAN, Yes Elfman! See you guys later! And with that, he sped off, tail between his legs. 

"What was that all about?" And I was also wondering why Natsu Was acting like this, but then again, she was gonna go all Mira.

"Oh, nothing." She replied with a sinister look on her face.

"No, no,no, no, please Levy, don't be like this, please

"No, no,no, no, please Levy, don't be like this, please."

"I'm,"

"No, please..."

"Gonna,"

"PLEASE LEV"

"Tell,"

"LEVY IM BEGGING YOU."

"MIRA!!!!"

"S**k Gajeel's F***y D**k Levy." I muttered.

"I already did." She responded.

"What?!" I asked.

"Oh nothing."

"MY SHIP SENSES ARE TINGLING!" An exited Mira burst through a bush. 

"GAHH! Mira! Don't listen to anything Levy sa-." I was interrupted.

"NALU SHALL SOON BE CANNON!" Levy practically screamed.

Mira stayed silent. Then she screamed. Loud. I ran off sight. I sped out the camp to the edge of the territory, on the east side, the territory only ended because of the huge rock out crop. I decided to stay away from the edge of Now, maybe hunt some game. 

As night fell, I decided to head to the cliff to star gaze. I caught the familiar scent of cinnamon and firewood, but I ignored it. As i sat a few feet away from the edge. I shifted into my human form. I wore a tank top and shorts. I sighed and leaned back a bit. I felt my back touch something warm. Soft. Welcoming. I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist. My breath hitched. Man, I was glad it was so dark and that he couldn't my face, it was burning up. 

"Hey Luce." He spoke calmly. His voice silky. "Watcha doing out here alone?"

"I uhh, just came to admire the stars!" And contemplate my existence and this whole thing with Natsu. But I didn't say anything about that though.

"Mmmmmh" he responded. I felt him press his face in my hair.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You just smell nice, Princess" He responded.

"Where did that come from?" I asked.

"Dunno, sounded right." He continued. 

After a few minutes. I felt his body shift as he moved his head down a bit and started to smell my neck. What surprised me, was that my reflexes hadn't killed him. More like welcomed him, like they knew i was safe with him. I leaned into his touch. "Natsu?" I questioned, uncertainty and, hope filling me. "Can I just, say something, quickly?"

"Y-yeah," he responded. 

"I-I- uhhh...." I stumbled on my fumbling words.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell me." He responded coolly. 

"I just don't want to hurt our friendship." I continued.

Natsu POV 

"I just don't want to hurt our friendship." I heard her mutter. I couldn't see her face because her back was to me and it was dark, which annoyed me because I couldn't read her emotions. Oh no, did she mean, that she didn't like me? That she saw me as just a friend? Hope began to leak out of my torn heart. I felt scared.

"It's ok. Whatever you say, we can still be friends." I held my breath.

"I, I.... I like you Ok? I have for a while now." She mumbled the last part. "I like-like you." My heart stopped. I felt my grip tighten on the slightly smaller female, like she ment the world to me, which she did. She ment more than anyone else to me. I felt her head move. "Natsu? Please say something." She responded. I felt a tear fall on my arm. I hugged her tighter. I was at a loss for words.

I said nothing. I turned her around and made her face me. The sun was beginning to rise and I was seeing her face now. I saw the tears glistening on her face. I pulled her chest to mine. I wrapped my arms around her again. 

"I love you too. More than anything." I responded. I could see her eyes light up. A smile came on her face. She pulled away from me, her legs were around my waist. My hands were on hers and her ands were on my shoulders. Her hands slid up my neck, grabbing my head. She pulled it towards hers and placed her lips on mine. I gave in immediately. Content. Until she pushed me over onto my back. She sat on my chest playfully. She quickly pecked me on the lips before lying on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, without a word. And we lay with each other and cuddled while watching the sun rise