Chapter 13

Natsu POV

The sun began to rise, the light, glistening off Lucy's golden hair. I sighed, her weight was comforting. 

"Natsu?" She spoke suddenly. "What are we? Are we dating? Fs with Bs? Mates?"She questioned. 

"I don't know. I certainly hope that we are more than friends at this point." I flashed her my signature grin. She smiled and kissed me lightly. 

"I know so." She replied. I felt my face heat up. "Aww, is my Natsu blushing? She cooed. I felt my face heat up more. We sat up. Well more like I sat up and Luce lay her head on my lap while she played with the curls at the back of my head.

"What do you mean by your?" I teased.

"I mean that either way, you shall be mine, Salamander, or should I say my little fire dragon?" She teased back. I got warmer. "Feeling hot?" She continued to tease. I decided to shut her up by smothering her mouth with mine. She whined in frustration but gave in. She pulled away after a while. Her eyes glistening. 

"Oh so the dragon belongs to the princess, huh?" I countered.

"In no way am I a princess." She responded coolly.

"You're my princess." I returned. Her blush was almost as pink as my hair. I laughed. She sulked.

"But what about my question form earlier?"

"About being mates? Most females would jump at the idea. I mean, you saw Lissana. I mean, males are the same, you have your pick of the lot. Honestly you could do much better than me. It's rare for alphas to be mates. In fact, if an alpha is already mated, their mate cannot challenge them to become the other alpha, because the alpha might let their mate win." 

"But I'm already the alpha, so it's really up to you."

"What?" I responded. "Why up to me?"

"Up to you if you ask me, it's almost always the males who ask." She responded.

"Ok.... Luce wi-."

"Yes!" She interrupted. Of course she would. I smiled and licked her face. I felt her body shift on top of me. Soon a 10 foot wolf was on top of me. Her huge paw patted my head. I grunted in annoyance she nuzzled my side. I laughed. I shifted as well, my black and pink form standing next to hers. She tackled me to the ground and licked my nose. I rolled over so that I was on top. She looked me in the eyes and nodded, her eyes turning from blue to brown. I felt my inner wolf croone. She shifted and sat on my back. She ruffled the fur at the back of my neck. She slid off my back and I shifted back, hugging her close to me. 

Just as I was about to kiss her, a howl echoed throughout the territory.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sabertooth