Chapter 31

Laxus POV

Day four. I have to socialise. Again. Mmph. I don't want to. But Mira will probably beat my as into the ground unless I get up, so....

Today was when we had free time to wonder the smallish spot we were allowed to roam. Mira wanted to go to the bar. Apparently she got a part time job there and wanted to sell some of the drink she brought. Me being me, there was no way in hell I was gonna let her go there by herself and let her get hit on by drunk bastards. That was my job. Not that Mira would put up with someone touching her, I just like being around to beat the crap out of pervs. 

I sat beside the bar, on the floor wagging my tail as I drank beer from a specialised bowl that we use as wolves. We're not dogs, but still. It's kinda useful. I was making flirty comments when I felt a nose on my back. A slightly smaller Male appeared behind me. His fur smelt a bit like beer but otherwise he looked to be pretty sober.  

"Dude, I wouldn't flirt with that chick. Her mate will beat the crap outa you. Shame such a hot babe is taken." I knew Mira heard and I could hear her chuckle quitely, i was the only one who heard. I decided to screw with them.

"Who would her mate be? I bet he would do shit to me if he found out I was flirting with his mate." I saw the guy freeze.

"L-Laxus of F-Fairytail. He would murder you."

"I'd like to see him try." I answered. The wolf froze.

"You have a death wish. He will kill you! Prick."

"I'm not suicidal so why would I kill myself?" I asked. Shifting into my human form. "And whose the prick now for not realising that Mirajane would beat the crap out of anyone who got to close that wasn't me?"

"——." He said nothing. 

"Beat it." I growled. He scampered away, tripping on his own paws. "Now, where's my drink?" I asked returning my attention to the beautiful barista infront of me. She gave me a peck on the cheek before passing me my licor.

Gray POV

I was hoping to get Juvia to become my mate sooner rather than later. I was planning to ask her on New Year's Eve, but that's in 2 weeks. I couldn't wait. Today we had free time so Juvia and I decided to relax in the springs. Everyone else would either be at the bar or in the main hall at the arena. As we got there we were all alone. Perfect. Juvia just jumped into the water. Splashing me in the process. I growled playfully. We splashed around a little before I grabbed a hold of her and tickled her.

"G-G-Gray! S-Stop! Haha! Stop!" She said giggling. After a while, I finally stopped and she grabbed a hold of my shoulders. She looked into my eyes, the white of her eyes blacked. I gasped a little. She smirked a little, I spotted her sharp teeth. She leapt on me, pushing my back to the wall of the spring. I froze. She licked e lips before biting my neck, hard. I winced but the pain soon stopped. After she removed her sharp canines and cleaned the wound did she expose her soft, pale neck. I took my opportunity.

Lucy POV

While our accompanying wolves had  free time, us alphas did a little sport hunting. We were split off into groups of two, 3 if necessary. We were challenged to find a certain prey and bring back a certain amount. Team building so I was not put with Natsu. I was put with Hibiki. Natsu got put with Sting and they were just chumming it up. Ugh. Bromance. Hibiki and I were given a list. We had to catch 3 deer, 7 rabbits, 1 partridge and 9 fish. I shifted with the basket on my back. 

As we went, Habiki mentioned how it would be easier to catch the deer if I came from the back and he came from the front. We caught the deer in no time. While we were searching for the warren where we would catch the rabbits, Habiki suddenly asked me a question.

"Lucy, pardon me if I may ask, but what's on your neck? When we were in human form you had a pinkish mark on your neck." I froze.

"Uhh j-just a bruise." I said, finding composure.

"Really? Because it looks suspiciously like a bite." I felt my heart stop. "Are you mated and hiding it? I feel sorry for that poor Male, you pretending that yoi don't belong to him and left him behind, I know all the males that came here are either taken or too old for you, so I wonder....could it be-." I cut him off.

"We're here! Let's get those 7 rabbits." I felt his gaze harden and I spotted him smirk. After we were done and heading to the river,

"Now, where was I? Who could you be mated to? If you're mated to anyone or telling the truth about the mark on your neck. Usually alphas bring their mates along with them. Hmmmm. I wonder. I did see you with a piece of cloth earlier."

"F-fine. I do have a mate." I confessed. I really didn't like where this was going.

"Ah. I figured. Now who could it be. It couldn't be him unless....... wait. Lucy. Oh I should've known. Your mate is here. It's-."