Chapter 30

Gajeel POV 

It was day three. Levy had left to to BP library by herself. I protested but she told me to shut the hell up and go have fun with my friends. I just hope the mate anxiety doesn't get the best of me. 

I decided to mingle with Rouge and Sting. I we quite good friends after the whole FT vs ST thing. As we were talking, Sting started pinning. He shifted into a human and back to a wolf. 

"Just go, Sting. Stop hurting yourself." Rouge said suddenly in an exasperated voice. His black wolf rolled his eyes. Sting nodded before retreating to the main hall. 

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Oh, mate anxiety." 

"Right." I started to feel a pull in my chest but I ignored it and continued to talk with Rouge. After a while, Rouge excused himself and left. I felt my self sigh heavily. My chest clenching. I shuffled around in my pocket and pulled out Lev's head band from yesterday. I pulled to my nose and inhaled deeply. I knew she had the matching one that I had worn yesterday. I continued to wonder around. I sighed heavily. I decided that I might as well check on her. 

I strolled over to the huge library. As I stepped in, I heard a scream, slap and thud. I rushed over to see what happened, and found Levy, sitting in a chair. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore an orange headband that matches me clothes. She wore her red winged glasses as she read her overly thick book. Next to her, lay Warcry form QC on the floor, a huge red mark on his face. I looked at her.

"What happened?" I asked. Rolling my eyes. My tone bored. This wasn't the first time this happened.

"Disturbed my reading to hit on me." She said, not looking up from her book. I smiled and shook my head. 

"Would you slap me if I hit on you?" I asked. Levy pretended to ignore me but a light blush dusted her face. "What your answer cutie?" She blushed more. I smirked. She froze. I walked behind her and touched her thigh. She stiffened. I looked out the window. It was dark. I her picked up a still reading and blushing Levy and held her to my chest. She just ignored my presence. She just sat in my arms, not caring. When I took her book away from her, she just huffed and shifted. There wasn't much of a difference in height between the two, but they weighed about the same, so I just carried her like you would a dog. She just sat there. At one point, she wriggled out my grasp and landed on her feet in the snow. She walked beside me, a foot shorter than me, as usual. I would pet her head and scratch behind her ear and she would either glare at me or lean into my touch. A few minutes later, I shifted and walked beside her. She leaned onto me even more as we walked slowly, admiring the stars. The crisp snow, soft beneath our feet. A light blizzard started to come down, frosting mine and Shrimp's fur. She shivered a little. I was cold too but I didn't show it. I shifted and pulled a bit of that weird minty stuff that BunnyGirl gave me and put it on Levy's nose. She shifted back and so did I. I lay down on the cold floor and pulled her onto my chest. I held her in place with one paw while I ran on the other 3. It was a little weird but I coped. My fur was naturally longer because my hair in human form was longer so it did help with cold climates. I sped back to our room and lay her on our bed. She looked fine and he temperature was fine. She didn't look sick. I sighed in relief. I changed Shrimp's clothes to her pyjamas and took a warm shower. When I got out, it was dark in the room. I was wearing my pyjamas and by that, I mean a pair of loose shorts. I suddenly felt tiny arms wrap around my waist and pick me up. Now you might be surprised that Lev can carry me, but she can flip me over her shoulder with little effort and is a werewolf. She tossed me on the bed and lay down beside me. I pulled her to my chest and fell asleep, serenaded by her little snores and heart beat.