Chapter 17 awkward elevator

Brandon

She ended the call . I look over at Robert who has a concerned look on his face . "What a drama queen" I laugh , handing the phone to Robert , he takes it reluctantly. I try to lift the atmosphere "I can't believe those guys that tried to take your collab with pj!" I say, a smile on my face "it's unbelievable" I shake my head and look over at Robert to see if his expression has changed . But it hasn't .

We sit there in silence , I'm not sure what to do ... I've never been that great at cheering people up and I've never really opened up to anyone, except amber every now and then . She tells me I'm a bad listener so I don't even try anymore ... but I want to try for Robert . Because Robert is- "are you ok?" Robert asks cutting off my thoughts immediately. I raise an eye brow in confusion "um .. ya I'm fine..." I scratch the back of my neck before looking into Roberts blue eyes . His eyes are always beautiful, but right now they look worried , fearful, shattered. "Are you sure" He asks , taking a step closer to me , I hold my breath .
"If you want I can take you back to your girlfriend and you don't have to fight , I hate when people fight ..." Robert drifts off "but what if they're fighting for the right reasons?" I ask "What do you mean?" Robert looks back into my eyes. "It's complicated, but I don't think I'm I love with amber , well not like I was before... she's changed , and now she wants me to change ... and , I like the way I am." "And I like the way you are too!" Robert blurts out , a blush forming on his cheeks , making me smile . "Thanks spork" I say laughing at how red his face gets . "I am not a spork! I'm a sophisticated spoon!" He turns away from me , nose in the air. "Sure you are" I laugh . "Ok spork"- "spoon!" "Lets go to your place" "fine, follow me peasant" Robert starts walking , and I run to catch up .

The rest of the walk is filled with random conversations, some singing of songs we both like and a couple of unnecessary innuendos, none of it really matters, but they mean the world to me .

We arrive and walk into the elevator, still talking about how the new StarWars movie could of been better and then suddenly ,the elevator doors closed and it got really awkward.

"So um , what level are you?" I mutter in the silence . "One" Robert says simply "why did you press the button to 10?" I ask slightly confused "I want to show you something" Robert says , a smile on his face . "Ok"

I stare at the numbers as we go up ...5 ............6............7.............9...- "Doors opening" the robotic voice of the elevator says . A random guys and lady step in , causing the elevator too be more awkward than before. "Jerry did you get the keys before we left?" The lady asks the man who appears to be Jerry. "I though you had 'em" jerry grunts "no I said you should get the keys!" The lady's raises her voice as if she's completely oblivious to the fact that me and Robert are here . "Darling, I never take the keys when we go out , you do , so what makes today any different?" "Well I asked you to take them and you should listen to me!" She is clearly mad ... "look , I'm sorry ok ?" He gives in "well you should be , now we're locked out!" She yells "Doors opening" I sprint out of the elevator and don't turn around until I'm sure the doors have closed again.

"That was the longest elevator ride I've ever been in" I laugh and turn around to see Robert in the same state I'm in , "I hope I never bump into them while I'm in this building " Robert laughs . "Ya That would be pretty awkward" I nod in agreement. "Alright follow me !" Robert chirps , and starts walking towards a flight of stairs... "oh Robert I hate stairs !" I moan "Hush ! We're not going far, I hate stairs too ."