Chapter 29 sorry doesn't cut it

Amber

My heart does a flip when Brandon walks into the room , and it does a double flip when I see a girl standing next to him! Did he leave me for her? Who even is she?! She probably has a stupid name like- "CAT?!" Louise yelps , and the girl glares , striding over to Louise .

"Hold on! Who are you and what are you doing?!" I shout , causing my throat to sting and the girl turn to look at me . Brandon standing at the door frozen in shock .

"I'm cat . And this is none of your business" She snaps and turns back to Louise , who looks petrified.

"C-cat , w-what are y-you doing here?!" Louise groans in agony . "I'm here to support my friend Brandon ... w-what are y-you doing h-here?!" She laughs as she mimics Louise's stutter and anger bubbles up inside me. But before I can say anything Brandon speaks up.

"Cat why are you being like this?!" He looks sad , almost disappointed ... "because ... agh!" Louise squeezes her eyes shut and starts shaking ... loyal, kind , lovely Louise is shaking in fear! This is where I draw the line. "That's it I'm calling the nurse!" I shout , moving my fingers towards the red button  "NO" everyone shouts at me , causing me to stop in my tracks .

"Louise? Don't you want her to leave?!" I moan feeling confused and angry . She furrows her brows and bites her lip "she has every right to be mad at me..." I shake my head knowing that Louise could never do anything so terrible that it makes someone this angry and upset. 

" you see me and cat were really close and"- "LOUISE IM TELLING THE STORY!" Cat practically screams . "Cat stop shouting and screaming" Brandon places a hand on her shoulder to calm her down , and I feel a slight pang of jealousy.

"Sorry" cat mumbles under her breath. " ok so ya we were close and stuff and when your close to someone you trust them ... I trusted Louise . I told her things that not even my parents knew!"- "no yelling." Brandon drops his hand from her shoulder , folding his arms across his chest. She nods.

"Any way ... I told her I was depressed ... I started cutting and it was just a dark time for me "

The room is silent and I can feel the sadness looming over this conversation

"Instead of keeping her stupid mouth shut she told everyone that I was pretending to be depressed and get a load of this! she also said I cut for attention!"

"I thought you were pretending.. I guess I wanted you to be pretending "

"Pretending or not it was a stupid thing to do!"
Cats hands are balled up into fists as she spits each word harshly at Louise.

"Look if a boy rejects you , you don't go cutting yourself it's stupid!" Louise snaps at cat

"How many times do I have to tell you ... I loved him ! And love makes you do stupid things ! Especially if you suffer from a mental illness like depression!" In the heat of the moment a doctor rushes into the room , looking cross.

"What the heck is going on here?!" He glares at all my visitors , clip board in one hand and a pen in the other.

"I'm sorry Doctor..." I scan his name tag and it reads : Shane Dawson. "Dawson. We didn't mean to make so much noise ... please don't kick them out." Shane eyes me suspiciously before he calls out "RYLAND! Come help!" Another doctor enters the room quite fast and he glances at all of us before looking over at Shane. "Shall I escort them?" He coos, and Shane nods.

"Nonononono!" We all shout in unison

Shane presses his lips together and glances over at the doctor , that is supposedly called ryland.

"You are all causing a lot of disruption and noise that we just simply can accept ..." Shane apologetically sighs

"We will be quite I promise!" I beg like an 8 year old that just got busted for screaming at a sleepover .

Louise stares at the floor not shifting her gaze.

"Look if you want I can leave.." cat mumbles and Louise's head snaps up "no! Please stay..." this was unexpected.

Ryland smiles at Shane and looks around at us "well it's settled then, if any of you shout, squeal, opera sing ,shriek"- "I think we understand what it means to raise our voices" Brandon pipes up with a smirk on his face.

Ryland huffs in annoyance and looks over at Shane "if you do any of the above we will make sure you are disposed of ." We all nod in  agreement and the doctors leave.

The silence that fills the room after their departure is unbearable. Until...

"Cat .. I'm so so sorry." We all look over at Louise , her eyes shining with tears and pleading for forgiveness.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. "