Chapter 18 roof top stars

Robert

I haven't been to the roof yet , in fact i haven't explored much of the building , and I wouldn't want to do it alone so here I am bringing Brandon to the roof in the middle of the night , I could of waited until morning but I just couldn't help it ! The sky is so pretty and even though I was never good in science class I still love stars ...

"Are we there yet!" I hear Brandon huff behind me , "we've only gone up 6 steps you lazy tart!" I shout , a smile on my face . "Well ... Don't ... you ... think ... I've had... enough exercise... for one day!" His voice cracking at the end of his sentence "you mean that snowball fight?" I say laughing "Exactly!" He shouts exasperated. I continue stepping up until I reach the top. "Wow" I whisper under my breath, the wind whispers in my ear and I feel my fringe brush on my face . "Robert it's so pretty!" I hear Brandon say behind me " climbing the stairs was worth it" I say in agreement "yup, and that elevator ride" He laughs lightly . We walk over to a spot on the roof that looks comfortable enough to sit on . And we sit down , just gazing at the sky , the starts twinkle and I swear I can see the milky way .

Everything is quiet

But not a bad quiet . More like comfortable silence . I look over at Brandon and see the his eyes twinkling from the star light, a small smile on his face. He looks at me , I look away , feeling a small blush on my face. I look up at the stars again , hoping he doesn't notice the awkward atmosphere .

"Your eyes are twinkling" I hear Brandon say softly . "So are yours I point out, looking back at him . Our eyes lock, my heart pounding in my chest . "Your beautiful spork" he whispers "shut up" I mutter and roll my eyes playfully. He laughs and looks back at the sky ... then I notice him laying down. "What are you doing?" I ask raising an eyebrow "i got a better view down here" he says simply. "Mind if I join you?" I say a smile spreading on my face . He closes his eyes and nods , so I lay down next to him and close my eyes ... listening to our breathing , the light breeze and chirping crickets in the distance.

My eyes suddenly snap open as Brandons fingers brush against mine , and my heart starts pounding. All I want to do is slide my hand into his but Im hesitant ...

he has a girlfriend! I mentally shout at myself. Jerking my hand away . Brandon just mumbles something about his hand being cold and I instantly feel disappointed , was he just trying to keep his hand warm , or did he want to hold mine , just as much as I want to hold his? These thoughts swirl around in my head , the calm atmosphere from before has gone down the drain as anxiety eats my thoughts. This is not how I want to remember this night... and there's only one thing to do .

"Brandon?" I ask , my heartbeat getting faster "mmhmm?" He murmurs eyes still closed "can I hold your hand?" I ask squeezing my eyes shut "that's what I was trying to do you spork" he gently says , sliding his hand into mine , and it's almost as if two puzzle pieces clicked together .

I felt a swarm of butterfly's rise In my stomach , heat rising on my cheeks, and I feel my heart beat hammering in my chest . How is he ok with this?! ... I look down at our hands and smile to myself , thinking of how perfect they fit together , how nice it is to feel his warmth and skin... once again the atmosphere is calm, content and ... sleepy?

Hello it's ya boi olive. I'm sorry for not updating in like forever . Responsibilities came to attack me. But I'm back , please don't kill me and thanks for reading !

Please comment, vote and share with your best friend , your sister , your grandma... just share with humans. Unless you have a cool alien friend I guess.

-olive  31/1/18