dick grayson ━ available

* means things can be changed

STATUS: Available
TITLE: Nine Lives*
FANDOM: Young Justice
LOVE INTEREST: Dick Grayson
TIMELINE: Post-Season 1 ━ Season 4
FACE CLAIM: Black Cat

 SUMMARY :Back in the good ole days when it was just him and Batman and there was no Team, Dick Grayson had helped take down a variety of criminals in Gotham City

SUMMARY :
Back in the good ole days when it was just him and Batman and there was no Team, Dick Grayson had helped take down a variety of criminals in Gotham City. There was one, however, that always seemed to slip from their grasp whenever they caught her ━ Catwoman, the famed jewel thief of Gotham City, otherwise known as Selina Kyle. She was a hard one to get their hands on, no matter what they did to apprehend her. She always seemed to make the perfect getaway.

For quite some time, Catwoman seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth. There were less jewelry heists in Gotham City, and nobody had seemed to spot her anywhere. The newspapers contained no news of the Catwoman. Batman and Robin believed that she had either gotten herself mixed up in a bad crowd, she had left Gotham City, or she had simply decided to stop being Catwoman and moved on from her days of being a criminal.

Dick went on to join the Team and he never thought about Catwoman ever again. But when a new string of jewelry heists begin happening in Gotham City, Nightwing realizes that the Catwoman is back and decides to track her down on his own. What he hadn't expected, however, was to be wrong about everything. For this wasn't the Catwoman he remembered from all those years ago, but a girl that couldn't be any older than him that had seemingly taken up the mantel of the former Catwoman.

ADDITIONAL NOTES :
━ So the new Catwoman is actually Selina Kyle's daughter, Gemma Kyle. Yes, her mother, a jewel thief, literally named her Gemma. (Dick finds it amusing.)

━ Selina calls her precious gem. Not baby girl, not sweetheart, not darling or angel. It is always precious gem.

━ The reason why Selina disappeared as Catwoman for a while was because her daughter got really sick. Gemma nearly died and so Selina wanted to spend more and more time with her daughter for the next few years, already harboring regret for the time she missed by going on heists.

━ During those years, Gemma was trained by her mother to become the next Catwoman. Selina wanted to ensure that her legacy would live on through her daughter, and although being a jewel thief wasn't exactly what Gemma wanted in life, she just went along with it for her mother.

━ Gemma went on her first heist alone and made her mother very proud when she returned home with several expensive sapphires.

━ About two months before Dick arrives in Gotham City to investigate the new string of jewelry heists, Gemma unfortunately loses her mother to breast cancer. It was unexpected and it happened quite fast. The doctors weren't able to catch it in time and so after the funeral, Gemma began organizing a series of heists to honor her mother.

━ Dick doesn't catch Catwoman right away. It's a slow investigation that lasts about 2-3 weeks. He wants to figure out who the new Catwoman is so he follows her after one of the heists and manages to figure out where she lives. But it isn't until after he follows her to the cemetery and overhears her calling Selina Kyle by the word "mom" that he figures out her secret identity.

━ Another thing that Dick will overhear at the cemetery is her confession to her mother about not wanting to be a cat burglar, which intrigues him. Dick believes that he can maybe convince Gemma to stop being a criminal and perhaps even recruit her to the Team considering her skills.

━ At some point, Dick briefs Bruce on everything and even mentions that Gemma would make a valuable asset to the Team. Bruce isn't convinced, but after thoroughly thinking it over and trusting Dick's word that she isn't anything like Selina, he agrees that they can try to recruit her.

━ Dick pretends to meet her for the first time by running into Gemma at a coffee shop. He charms her and they get to talking for a while before she excuses herself because she'll "be late for work" and Dick realizes the entire time they're talking that she is nothing at all like her mother.

━ Catwoman goes on another heist, but Nightwing doesn't catch her. She just barely escapes him. That next day, Dick purposely runs into Gemma at the coffee shop again and they get to talking. He asks her out on date and she accepts. They make plans for tomorrow.

━ The day after their date, Gemma goes on another heist. This time, Dick manages to apprehend her with help from Batman and they take her back to the Batcave. There, the two of them reveal that they know who she is and that they know she doesn't want to be the Catwoman, but felt pressured into it by her mother and feels obligated to be Catwoman after her passing.

━ Gemma will at some point recognize Nightwing as Dick and asks him if he was just toying with her the entire time. Dick admits that he at first was only trying to get a better idea of who she was after discovering her identity, but that after he got to know her these two weeks, things changed for him. He took her on that date not to get information out of her, but because he wanted to.

━ Dick manages to convince Gemma into joining the Team and she meets the others, but only after she returns all the jewels she stole to Batman. However, nobody but Dick and Bruce know her true identity, and after becoming a member of the Team, she gives herself a new alias because she can't keep calling herself Catwoman now. She ends up choosing the name Black Cat as a way to honor her mother.

━ Gemma and Dick start dating pretty quickly considering they've already been on a date and have admitted having feelings for each other. However, it will be a while before things escalate between them, such as saying those magical three words, moving in with each other, etc.

━ About a month into her life on the Team is when season two begins.

━ I do think that at some point someone should figure out she was the second Catwoman of Gotham City and then not trust her as much anymore, believing she's a bad guy and causing Gemma to prove to them she isn't anything like Catwoman.

━ There are obviously more details regarding this story but everything else will be revealed privately to the person who adopts this plot to avoid spoilers for readers.

PASSWORD:
What is your favourite season of Young Justice and why?