remus lupin ─ available

* means things can be changed

STATUS : Available
TITLE : Petals of a Rose
FANDOM : Harry Potter
TIMELINE : Maraunder's Era
LOVE INTEREST : Remus Lupin
FACE CLAIMS : Adelaide Kane* as Belle French, Emily Blunt as Colette French, John Krasinski as Maurice French

STATUS : AvailableTITLE : Petals of a RoseFANDOM : Harry PotterTIMELINE : Maraunder's EraLOVE INTEREST : Remus LupinFACE CLAIMS : Adelaide Kane* as Belle French, Emily Blunt as Colette French, John Krasinski as Maurice French

 SUMMARY :There are many witches and wizards that believe loving and having children with a muggle is not the way of their world

SUMMARY :
There are many witches and wizards that believe loving and having children with a muggle is not the way of their world. That it only results in the making of horrid half-breed children that are a disgrace, and that those children don't deserve to have magic nor attend school amoungst their own children of purest blood. Nevertheless, Colette French still loves her family with all her heart. But loving them came at a price.

Her daughter Belle was cursed by these foul wizards, her young life becoming tethered to a single, beautiful, red rose. One by one, each petal will fall within its glass encasing, leading her one step closer to her inevitable death. And there is nothing they can do but spend what time they have left with their little girl ─ however long that may be.

Now a young woman, all Belle wants is to have an epic love story like the characters in her favourite novel before her last petal falls, and as she comes into her sixth year of Hogwarts School For Witchcraft and Wizardry, she will discover that it is the Beast who will give her everything she wants in life.

DESCRIPTION :
❝ I may never find words beautiful enough to describe how much I love you or how much you mean to me, but I will spend whatever time I have left searching for them. ❞

EPIGRAPH QUOTE :
❝ Legend has it there is always a reason why souls meet.
Maybe they find each other for reasons that weren't so different after all.
They were two souls searching and found a home lost in each other.
When souls find comfort in one another separation is not possible.
The reasons they are brought together are no accident...
Maybe she needed someone to show her how to live and he needed someone to show him how to love. ❞
── N.R. Hart, Beauty and the Beast

ADDITIONAL NOTES :
─ I know this one might make a lot of people angry, because they see Belle's reading and intellect and assume she's an absolute Ravenclaw. But with that being said, while she may be a Ravenclaw in some respects, she's really more of a Gryffindor, in the way that Hermione is a Gryffindor. (And how fitting, since Emma Watson plays Belle in the live-action remake!) Both girls would be just as at home in Ravenclaw, but their nerve and bravery are what put them in the company of McGonagall and Dumbledore. Just look at how Belle sacrificed herself for her father's freedom, or how she refused to be terrified of the Beast and instead tried to tame him. Also, she didn't just read her books for knowledge, she read them to be transported out of her small French town. That thirst for adventure and nerve are true Gryffindor traits.

─ Belle is a half-blood, her father a muggle and her mother a wizard. They own and run a library/café type business in London. Her family is pretty big on literature, muggle and wizardry. Her favourite book is Her Handsome Hero, which is a small cameo in honor of the Belle featured in the television show Once Upon a Time. Her father also likes to invent things.

─ Belle is known to be independent, a free thinker, a dreamer, a reader, very imaginative, patient, opinionated, intelligent, compassionate, beyond superficial, stubborn, kind, loyal, graceful, and valiant. She also loves to read and is always seen with a book. She also enjoys afternoon tea and biscuits with her parents.

─ During her sixth year a.k.a. the beginning of the book, two petals will have fallen off the red rose during the summer, leading her even closer to death.

─ Only the staff at Hogwarts are aware of her curse because they would need to know why their student had suddenly died in the middle of the classroom. Also: Dumbledore has allowed his fireplace to link with the French family's at their home, that way her parents can easily travel to Hogwarts in case of an emergency regarding the petals.

─ If you would like to include more characters that are friends of Belle, you may! Just make sure you mention how none of them know about her curse. Belle doesn't want people to know because she doesn't want to be pitied at school, or anywhere, really.

─ I think having Belle and Remus officially start talking in the library as they're studying would be adorable. Like, maybe she's always noticed how he sits alone in the library so she approaches him? Or visa versa. Honestly, that can be left for you to decide.

─ Belle and Remus will be a relatively fast burn, I believe. Given how she only has so long to live, she is quite desperate to find her true love story and will fall quickly for him.

─ Belle will not tell the Maraunder's or Lily about her curse until after they graduate and she only has so few petals left.

─ Belle's last petal will fall some time after the deaths of James and Lily and the imprisonment of Sirius, that way she can be alive to meet baby Harry. But if you think sooner that's okay too.

PASSWORD :
What is your favourite book in the series and why?